2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Scion Xa - Little to Complain About
By P. Wood on 01/23/07 06:08 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car and have only one thing I would improve on it , the power. It takes too long to warm up and change gears. It handles great and is extremely easy to park. I've had other compacts with the same engine specs. that seemed to be a little more powerful. The interior fits a short person comfortably, and tall people don't feel closed in. The exterior and style are attractive and eye-catching. The accessories are impressive - only one thing is needed there, someway to fit in a console. All-in-all, I will buy another one if they are around when I need my next car.

Awesome Car
By bobbic6314 on 01/21/07 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car greatly. It drives very well and it's a great car for a child. I really like it because it's easy to drive and the comfort of the car is awesome.

My Little Rollerskate
By marji on 01/14/07 19:00 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Scion xA's good gas mileage, Its leg room equals or is better than the Toyota Sienna's. I am tall, it is becoming my favorite.

Best Car for the Money!
By Brian Jones on 01/11/07 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 Scion xA for over a year. It's been a fun, practical, and economical auto. With the automatic transmission and city driving, I've averaged about 30-34 mpg while squeezing out a solid 40 mpg highway; with the caveat that you must keep the speed under 65 MPH to do so. The car is roomy, comfortable, and comes with more standard features than any similar vehicle in its class. I've hauled a 27" television, groceries from Costco, and a Coleman portable generator in my little hatchback. The car is peppy in traffic, handles well, and steers on a dime making it easy to park. I compared it to the Rio, Aveo, and Focus and the xA was the best bang for the buck with Toyota service.

Classy, Fuel-Efficient, & Reliable
By Glad I Did It on 01/08/07 05:59 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's been 14 months since I bought my Scion xA and they have been rewarding months, indeed. The car still turns heads while being extremely utilitarian and reliable. I get a solid 35 mpg overall (50% freeway and 50% secondary roads) and 41 mpg on long trips on the PA Turnpike. It has lots of torque for a small engine, good comfort and a commanding view from the chair-like driver's seat.

Gotta Love It!
By mike on 12/31/06 18:55 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Considering it cost about the same as my stripped Civic hatch did in 1998, it's an amazing deal. I have had no problems with my xA. It is easy to change the oil and its ergonomics and switchgear are first rate, The shifter snicks from gear to gear cleanly. The clutch takeoff is much smoother than my Civic's. It has a smooth engine, plenty of power and torque compared to my 1.6L Civic. Its sight lines are excellent. Everything is tight and feels high quality.

Great Car for the Money
By Rocco1 on 12/24/06 11:55 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

You get tons in this car for the price. It is agile, quick, and responds well. It has strong brakes, too.

Bad Gas Mileage/Frequent Visits to the Shop
By igobye on 12/12/06 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 28,000 miles the best mileage I've gotten is 36 mpg once. Most of the time I'm lucky to get 33 mpg highway. I commute 90 miles daily and I'm not getting the mileage that I expected, which was one key factor in choosing the car. When I asked a Scion dealership about it, I was given the same excuse others have been - those are just estimates and there is not much they can do about it. On top of the gas mileage issue, my car has been in the shop three times. The first time was to to replace the radio that changed channels by itself. The second time to replace the Camhead assembly and the third time it was leaking between where the gas nozzle goes and the tank. It was all warranty work, but I'm almost out of warranty - then what? At this rate I'll be broke.

Gift for My Daughter
By marty on 12/12/06 01:31 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's first car had to be safe, affordable, and cool by her terms. I am very pleased that I purchased this car for her. She loves it a lot. If you could only be there as she drove it for the first time her smile still will remain in my memory for a long time. The car is better than I would have thought, because of all its perks like all the room inside, the style outside, and that it only cost $20.00 to fill the tank. Also, the ride is okay, I guess for its style, but you know that teens like my daughter only care about what is on the radio. I might even buy another one to get me back and forth to work and I'm in my 40's.

Cannot Find a Better Value
By Dave on 12/06/06 09:29 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my xA for eleven months. You cannot find a better value. For the standard price I got an engine with variable valve timing, automatic transmission, anti-lock brakes, side airbags, air conditioning, power steering, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, rear wiper, rear defroster, a tachometer, a Pioneer radio/CD player and 6 speakers with controls on the steering wheel, a 60/40- split-folding rear seat, first aid kit, etc. Checkout Edmunds.com's True Cost to Own and note the five year depreciation compared to other cars. I have maintained gas records. The worst tank mileage was 26.32, the best 36.71, average for 39 fill ups: 30.51 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.