Used 2006 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

36-40 nearly a "smart car"
By hidden hollow

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Being fussy, after my corolla station wagon, I was disappointed the Scion gave about the same mpg, with so much less interior space. But after a while the mpg improved, (although the space didn't.) On the road I get an easy 40 mpg. In the city, between 34 and 36. But tools that fit a corner of the Corolla, are enough to fill the whole back of the Scion, making it resemble a dumpster. On the other hand it's nice to drive. The backhatch is practical. The car's prettier than the Yaris. And ith's needed no repairs after 48,000 miles.

One surprise was the wonderful stereo sound system. The boomers vibrate the whole car. It's difficult to get out to do errands when serenely engulfed by Beethoven's 9th.

A little car should do much better than the Corolla wagon's 34-36 mpg. Radio knobs would be easier than buttons. In floods, roll windows are safer than automatic. Old fashioned little triangle windows made a nice breeze and defogged the the windshield. "Smart car" features + mpg ... then it's perfect.

With $4.00+ fuel - We made a great buy!
By Perfect!

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our 16 yr. old two years ago. 2 years later she loves her car even more with the sky rocketing fuel prices. She was rear ended last year at 30 MPH by a Ford F-150 and the car protected her wonderfully (in fact the frame didn't bend!) Was repaired like new in 10 days. We have not had any problems mechanical problems to date even after the accident. The Xa has excellent vision with few blind spots and is a very fun car to drive. With our high dollar Japanese and Euro imports costing $60.00-$80.00 dollars every fill up, any short coming (not many) of the Xa is made up at the pump!

Toyota quality, Sound System, Fuel efficiency, the unique "Potato" look..., Handled an accident surprisingly well. Lots of after market accessories. Neon blue floor lighting!

Improved highway gear (5th gear on auto). Improved center arm rest (although you can buy an after market console)

My xA rocks your face!
By anneonymous

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving my vehicle. It's cute and extremely efficient. I've had it for over 2 years and I take great care of my car. I'm currently modding out my car and it's worth it! I've added an intake and exhaust and really cool diamond plate floor mats and I've even joined a Scion club!

First off I completely love the fact that the speedometer is in the center of the dash! It makes my car unique and I constantly get positive comments about it! I love the audio system although it's stock it still rocks! The price was perfect and leaves money into modding it!

I wish the Scion xA was still made but I have dealt with the fact that it isn't coming back (anytime soon, anyway)! It makes my car even cooler just knowing that there aren't a billion on the road. Other than that, my egg rocks!

Love it but what's up with the brakes?
By San Antonio

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new and have had it for over 2 years. I love the car, but am wondering whether anyone has had problems with their brakes. At 20,000 I had all the pads replaced. Now at 45,000 I had to have the rotors replaced. I'm not a braking type of driver. Also, I used to get over 35 mpg now I'm down to about 26 mpg. What could be the problem? Other than that, the car has been wonderful.

Roomy interior, quality, center console, has a lot of zip, comfortable drive.

Better seat fabric, more room in door storage area, larger visors, better tires

Most fun to drive car ever!
By Grateful11

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car, aka: "Little Car", hasn't been back to the dealer for anything. It's blast to drive has plenty of get up and go for a normal person, no it's not a hot rod. I get 38-39 mpg without even trying with a 90% highway 10% city driving commute. My last tank produced an impressive 42.9 mpg but that took some real attention to laying off the gas pedal. I'm running reg. Castrol GTX in it. The sound system is awesome, sounds like it has small subwoofers in it. It's a definite keeper!

Looks, it gets lots stares, awesome sound system, easy to change the oil, excellent ride or a small car, fits in virtually any parking space.

Get rid of the ugly xD and bring back the xA. Scion are you listening?