2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Good car for long commutes
By melissa on 05/20/07 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

While it doesn't have the power of my last car, a V6 Mercury Cougar, I knew I would have to make a trade-off for the better gas mileage. Mostly picked this car for the promised fuel efficiency but am a little disappointed in that area. Hoping the lower cost of upkeep will make up for the lack of fuel savings. Also, was a little concerned about the safety of such a small car, but had my first accident in it last month. After being side-swiped by a much larger truck, I was amazed at how little damage was done to the car. Mostly cosmetic. Not even a bump or bruise on me. Would definitely recommend it to anyone in any age group who wants something economical and still fun to drive.

I Love My Scion
By PyroSaGMaN on 05/16/07 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is so easy to shift. It has a lot of power, unlike the automatic. I can zoom zoom. This car is just amazing, I'm so in love with my car. All the things in the reviews that downgraded this car are the reason I love the car, such as where the gauges are located. Mine has more power than I need. I frequently find myself doing over the speed limit before I even get on the freeway as I merge onto the interstate. It has so much room inside I can fit camping gear and go on shopping trips and fill it to the brim and the car still has power to zoom zoom. Also not a problem for my heavy family inside. It is just too perfect for me.

xA review
By mczarski on 05/12/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car if you want excellent gas mileage, good standard features, and way low price. We looked at all the high mileage cars, except the hybrids, and this was the best bang for the buck. Rides smooth, a little loud under full throttle, but that is to be expected from a 1.5 liter moving 2,000 plus pounds. Drives fine til about 80-85 mph, then it starts to be a little too loud from the engine bay. Put in some dynamat and it might be somewhat quieter.

Amazing!
By Anya on 04/22/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car!! It's so adorable and fun, everyone says it suits me perfectly. There's only a handful around town and we all recognize each other and wave. The car is fairly fuel efficient, but not as high as I'd been hoping for. It's so roomy inside, especially compared to other cars of it's type that ARE bigger, but feel smaller. Comes with some great standard features, I love the stereo. I recommend this car to anyone who wants to stand out a little while still having a functional and fun car.

WHERE'S 6TH GEAR?
By ZEEMAN on 03/27/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion. It's roomy, sporty, handles well, is a breeze to park, and, when driven properly (with the 5spd), gets good mileage and is comfortable on long trips. I am 6' and have plenty of head and leg room. I installed the better xB armrest that actually has storage and it fit perfectly. With the back seats down, there's plenty of room for my two huge labs and they love to ride with their heads out the window. It comes nicely equipped, and mine has no options but for the armrest. I like the iPod connect as well as the standard CD player. If you are single or childless, the xA will handle about 95% of your driving/transportation needs. Not just a kid's car; I'm 36 and love it.

Nice Little Economy Car for the Money
By lanae on 03/20/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Saturn for this little Scion so I could save on gas for city driving. So far I don't see the excellent fuel savings that I was expecting but, I am assuming it will take some time to break the car in - maybe!?! It is easy to drive. The stick shift is different than the one that is in my Saturn as it was told to me from the sales lady it was a short shifter. It has great steering control. It is nice to have ABS after driving a car for five years without it. The Pioneer stereo system is nice. I feel it will last for a long time. My car has the spoiler and fog lights and I must say that the fog lights help light the road better! I would recommend this car to anyone that has a tight budget that is looking for reliable transportation.

Excelent Car
By Martin on 03/09/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the car is very fun and very economical. I have not had any problems with it and people are usually impressed when they get inside, surprised with the space when compared with the size of the exterior.

Scion xA Rocks!
By david mindrup on 02/10/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion xA is just GREAT! At 31/38 mpg, I can drive, drive, drive!

Would Buy It Again
By Dee on 01/31/07 06:27 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have never regretted buying my 2004 xA and look forward to trading for a new one. I moved down from an SUV to a sub-compact and I drove them all. The xA was the only one that surpassed my expectations for its ride and drive. I never care what gas costs. It has had no problems and it's finally ready for new tires at just over 41,000 miles. I don't miss my SUV as the xA has plenty of cargo space. It is a great value for the money.

Very Poor Gas Mileage
By Kevin on 01/25/07 19:41 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am not sure if this car has ever been able to get above 30 mpg. Everyone I know that has one gets about 27 mpg. The only reason I bought this thing is its supposed good mileage. I am selling it in the summer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.