2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Buyer's Remorse
By lakeratz on 07/29/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to save on gas. I have yet to hit the EPA estimates. In highway driving, at the speed limit of 75 mph I cranked out a whopping 26 mpg. I guess since the car was taching at 4,000 rpms in 5th gear. I should be happy it didn't blow up. Its A/C is inadequate. It has to be run on high fan and recirculate to keep the car cool. It has an uncomfortable ride. You feel every bump in the road. Alsi, it's very underpowered. Check the resale values, others must not be impressed either.

Inexpensive, Economical, and a Blast to Drive
By Rich B. on 07/28/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just hit 1,000 miles and one month on my Flint Mica XA and I am delighted with it. I love the exterior style and the stereo. This car came well equipped for a great price. I feel younger than my 50 years when driving it, my teenage daughters' friends call it "cool", I keep playing Springsteen's "Born to Run" - really loud. I pulled into a parking lot once and a woman had followed me to ask me about all about it. I love the peppy ride, the nimbleness, and the overall look and feel of the car. About 75% of my driving is in the 35 to 40 mph range - conservative driving, so far it looks like I'm north of 35 to 36 miles per gallon. Economics aside, my xA is a blast to scoot around town in.

Love my Scion!
By Dee on 06/26/06 05:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been so much fun. It handles well, gets great gas mileage, and sits higher than a sedan, so you can see better when you drive. I love my Scion.

No Regrets
By tpigeon on 06/12/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA is a perfect fit for me and is the only new car purchase I have not regreted. I beleive I have the best car on the market for the price I paid. This car looks so small from the outside but is very roomy on the inside. The car is so much fun to drive. I will keep this car for a very long time.

Scion xA
By d1webmaster on 06/10/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Scion xA a month ago and I love it! It gets great gas mileage and is really nice for the that I price paid. I am very happy with it so far.

Scion xA - The 4 door hatch to buy
By econjay on 05/20/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is an excellent value with style and comfort. We chose it over the Honda Fit and other 4 door hatch models. There has been too much criticism about the lack of power and ride comfort. While a few more HP would be welcome, this car's performance is well beyond adequate with a ride we believe to be comfortable. If considering one, take it for a ride rater than relying on what we believe was a lazy review by Consumer Reports. CR seemed to mail in a review of a 2004 model.

I love it
By Erin on 05/12/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! When I bought it I was unsure about the shape but have found it to be very user friendly. You can fit more in the back with the seats up than you would think. You do not have to worry about gas consumption either. The xA is a very comfortable car for a family.

What Gas Crisis?
By Rich on 05/10/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The average gas mileage for my xA at 2,100 miles is 35.8. I keep it at 65 mph for the most part. This car is comfortable enough for my 55 mile drive to work. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Scion xA
By Jaime S. Rios on 05/03/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am really pleased with the gas mileage, leg room, and power this little but very comfortable vehicle has. It has a very modern design and you can't beat the price.

I Love This Car
By CWhatley on 04/30/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion aA is the very first brand new car that I have ever owned and I couldn't be more pleased with its performance and quality. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking to buy a new car. It is wonderful on style, gas mileage, comfort, and reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.