2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Great Little Ride
By R McInerney on 11/25/06 06:31 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This little car car has a smooth comfortable ride and its maneuverability is great. It's tiny and cute outside, but has plenty of room for adult passengers in the front and back inside. Its large window area makes for really good view out of rear when backing. Driving the xA is a joy!

Good Deal for an Inexpensive Car
By Gerald McD. on 11/21/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is solid for an economy car. It handles extremely well, and the gas mileage is good. I drive mostly interstate miles, and I am getting between 34-35 MPG with the 5-speed manual transmission. The front seating is comfortable, the back seat is adequate, but not for longer trips. The extras that come as standard equipment (stereo, ABS, AC, etc.) really make this an outstanding deal. The only negative - it is a bit loud at interstate speeds, the engine is pushing 3,500 RPM at 70 mph.

Needs Another Gear
By Texan on 11/21/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA needs another gear, other than that, I like it. I still get 32-34 MPG at 75 mph, but it could use a little overdrive. The AC compressor seized up and burned up the belt. That shouldn't happen in a year-old car.

Love It!
By Kenneth Gardner on 11/04/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like getting behind the wheel of my '06 Scion xA. I have to get used to the front wheel drive. The only thing that I am missing is there is no space for beverage containers and no cruise control. The fuel mileage is very, very good.

Scion xA, Purchased Recently
By George on 11/02/06 12:53 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fine. I got used to the center pod dashboard quickly. The ONLY thing I could wish for, would be a 6th gear. At 80 mph, with a 5-speed manual, the engine is turning 4,000 RPM. That's fine, it has a 7,000 RPM redline, but there's no need to spin it so fast. There is no need to downshift on the highway. I drive in commuter traffic, 75-80 mph. In mixed driving, I get around 35 mpg.

I Love My xA.
By John on 10/08/06 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car i've ever bought. It's fun, it does what I need, and it's a good start if you're going to upgrade your ride.

Good Bang for the Buck
By BCSDAPD on 10/07/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA is a great little car with a few minor exceptions. Its gas mileage has been around 35 mpg, with mostly city miles. I have found the center mounted guage cluster better than traditional driver side. Its ride is smooth with very easy to reach control locations (audio, heat/AC, shifter knob, windows). I am 5'9" and sit just right inside. It has clear 360 degree views with little to no blind spots. It is perfect for scooting around town where performance is not an issue. I could see how large people could find it a bit cramped in leg/steering area. It has lots of head room though! I WOULD NOT take this on an extended road trip. Its RPM's do get into the 3,000's above 55 mph and gas goes fast with sluggish passing power.

Best Deal for the Price
By johnleon on 10/05/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research on all the new sub-compact cars on the market and found the Scion xA to be the best for the price. I especially like the fixed pricing where you don't have to deal with sales price haggling. I got the extended warranty that covers me for 7 years or 100,000 miles for an extra $1,100. This car really zips around town. I find no problems with the limited horsepower. It would be nice to have a larger fifth gear for the freeway maybe to push it over 40 mpg. The middle console was no problem getting used to. I think there is plenty of cargo room with the seats down. I was also able to get a lot of stuff (tools, jumper cables, blanket, towels) in the spare tire well. This car an A+.

First Scion
By Vernon Danker on 08/16/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

As my first new car in 15 years, the Scion xA is impressive in many ways for a compact. Its handling is very nice, its ride is comfortable, and its controls are easy to use. One feature that takes getting used to is the pod of gauges. It is distracting at first, and takes your eyes off the road. The stereo is exceptional for a compact, and it is ready for the MP3s. Its noise level is good below 60 mph; above that slightly annoying. The styling attracts attention, in a positive way; it is reminiscent of the Mini Cooper. Its pricing is also a strong selling point. There is no haggling, very little in add on charges, and options can be added later. Cruise control, e.g., is $350 if added later; $425 if financed.

Great if You're Under 5'6"
By Duley on 08/08/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my wife's car - 2,000 miles in seven days. I'm 6'1"at 200 lbs. The car sipped gas, saving $180 in fuel over my car. It is very nimble at cruising speeds. I expected a buzzy engine, wind noise and stiff suspension from a small car and I wasn't disappointed. Luckily, the stereo worked perfectly and for the price it performed great, climbing hills at 75 in 4th. The AC handled 100+ temps with no problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.