Used 2006 Scion xA Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Nice Little Economy Car for the Money
By lanae on 03/20/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Saturn for this little Scion so I could save on gas for city driving. So far I don't see the excellent fuel savings that I was expecting but, I am assuming it will take some time to break the car in - maybe!?! It is easy to drive. The stick shift is different than the one that is in my Saturn as it was told to me from the sales lady it was a short shifter. It has great steering control. It is nice to have ABS after driving a car for five years without it. The Pioneer stereo system is nice. I feel it will last for a long time. My car has the spoiler and fog lights and I must say that the fog lights help light the road better! I would recommend this car to anyone that has a tight budget that is looking for reliable transportation.

Excelent Car
By Martin on 03/09/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the car is very fun and very economical. I have not had any problems with it and people are usually impressed when they get inside, surprised with the space when compared with the size of the exterior.

Scion xA Rocks!
By david mindrup on 02/10/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion xA is just GREAT! At 31/38 mpg, I can drive, drive, drive!

My Little Rollerskate
By marji on 01/14/07 19:00 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Scion xA's good gas mileage, Its leg room equals or is better than the Toyota Sienna's. I am tall, it is becoming my favorite.

Classy, Fuel-Efficient, & Reliable
By Glad I Did It on 01/08/07 05:59 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's been 14 months since I bought my Scion xA and they have been rewarding months, indeed. The car still turns heads while being extremely utilitarian and reliable. I get a solid 35 mpg overall (50% freeway and 50% secondary roads) and 41 mpg on long trips on the PA Turnpike. It has lots of torque for a small engine, good comfort and a commanding view from the chair-like driver's seat.

Gotta Love It!
By mike on 12/31/06 18:55 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Considering it cost about the same as my stripped Civic hatch did in 1998, it's an amazing deal. I have had no problems with my xA. It is easy to change the oil and its ergonomics and switchgear are first rate, The shifter snicks from gear to gear cleanly. The clutch takeoff is much smoother than my Civic's. It has a smooth engine, plenty of power and torque compared to my 1.6L Civic. Its sight lines are excellent. Everything is tight and feels high quality.

Great Car for the Money
By Rocco1 on 12/24/06 11:55 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

You get tons in this car for the price. It is agile, quick, and responds well. It has strong brakes, too.

Bad Gas Mileage/Frequent Visits to the Shop
By igobye on 12/12/06 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

At 28,000 miles the best mileage I've gotten is 36 mpg once. Most of the time I'm lucky to get 33 mpg highway. I commute 90 miles daily and I'm not getting the mileage that I expected, which was one key factor in choosing the car. When I asked a Scion dealership about it, I was given the same excuse others have been - those are just estimates and there is not much they can do about it. On top of the gas mileage issue, my car has been in the shop three times. The first time was to to replace the radio that changed channels by itself. The second time to replace the Camhead assembly and the third time it was leaking between where the gas nozzle goes and the tank. It was all warranty work, but I'm almost out of warranty - then what? At this rate I'll be broke.

Grandma's Scion
By SHARJEN on 11/29/06 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion xA. It is fun, reliable, and economical.

Scion xA
By slnthntr on 11/29/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive, with the 5-speed manual I am getting 36 mpg in the city. It handles the corners great and has outstanding acceleration.