2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Love this car!
By scruffy on 01/10/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car 3yrs and have been completely satisfied. The seats are comfortable and sit high for good visibility. The gas mileage is decent. And I like the looks. I hope to have this car a long time.

Parking in Boston? HA! no problem!!
By Professor X on 04/29/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I don't understand why some owners are getting less than 35 mpg on the highway. I visit my mom in NY every other weekend; exactly 250 miles. It has a 10.9 gallon tank. On average I get there with half a tank left. It breaks down to 38+ mpg. I purchased the xA because of the price. At first I was deeply concerned about it's size. That's no longer a problem. As an average college student, there's plenty of room for friends, laundry, computer parts, etc. Should you need more drop one of the seats. Another concern was its engine. Since its only 1.5 liter, I feared it will be too small for a car. Again its not a problem. It's a very nimble car for me and...a date. 4 adults is a different story

Warning for Scion xA Buyers!
By scionwarning on 10/16/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just paid $707.00 for repairs to the air vac system because I was told that "topping it off" can cause gas and air flow problems. I do not top my gas tank off. I may round off to the nearest 10, but I do not top off. My car has only 51,000 miles. I am 53 years old. My contention is if this is a problem with all Toyotas as I was told at the dealership, then a disclosure from Scion/Toyota should be made available and placed on the gas cap or sun visor or the warranty manual - somewhere. Buyers beware!! I am writing to the CEO and President of Scion as well.

Great ride but.....
By Roxanne on 07/07/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion xA rides/handles great. Seat very comfortable for my 5'7". O/S it's so CUTE too! However, high engine noise on highway makes me want to shift to 5th gear but I'm IN 5th!! Not smooth shifting either. Center speedometer?? Think again. Scion inside material (only choice) black makes the cars (roomy for a little car) interior feel suffocatingly small. Interior textures hard to clean too! My 02 Ford Focus's grey interior feels SO much bigger, cleaner and is easier to clean !! 06 xA's cup holder wont hold a coffee cup. No handle cutout so sits at an angle, sloshing. Sorry!

Sciontology!
By I'm Still a Believer on 07/03/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 18 months of ownership, this car still pleases and rewards on a daily basis. Gas mileage is a rock solid 35 in town and 40.5 on the highway. It's nimble, quiet and can take on almost any parking space. Seats are supportive. Driving position is upright and commanding. Radio sound quality is great. And with the optional side-curtain airbags and ABS, I have a measure of security.

We love our xA
By Ted F on 06/24/07 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have approximately 2000 miles so far. Primarily used on the highway at 65-75 mph. Vehicle tacs between 3300-3700 rpm at those speeds but still rides quiet and smooth. A 6th gear would be great. Vehicle handles sweet. Very much please with all aspects so far. Highway/city mpg combined average nets us 36-39, just what I wanted. I know on a long road trip (mostly highway) I will exceed 40 mpg. Stereo and standard pw and doorlocks are great. For the price Scion had more options than the 4dr Yaris. Very pleased again with our decision. Had to minimize the gas and oil companies impact on my wallet. It is just transportation to and from work. Time for all to change!

Fun to Drive, Great on Gas Needs Cruise
By Miss Ellie on 05/31/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a commuter car for my husband to replace his truck. Car is great, zippy and fun to drive. RPM at 60 MPH is 3000 and feels like it needs a 6th gear. Otherwise, make sure you order cruise. My 22 year old loves this car. Nice MP3 connection as well. Very comfy back seat, and versatile layout for storing groceries and cargo. Buy it, you'll like it!!

I Love My Scion
By PyroSaGMaN on 05/16/07 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is so easy to shift. It has a lot of power, unlike the automatic. I can zoom zoom. This car is just amazing, I'm so in love with my car. All the things in the reviews that downgraded this car are the reason I love the car, such as where the gauges are located. Mine has more power than I need. I frequently find myself doing over the speed limit before I even get on the freeway as I merge onto the interstate. It has so much room inside I can fit camping gear and go on shopping trips and fill it to the brim and the car still has power to zoom zoom. Also not a problem for my heavy family inside. It is just too perfect for me.

xA review
By mczarski on 05/12/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car if you want excellent gas mileage, good standard features, and way low price. We looked at all the high mileage cars, except the hybrids, and this was the best bang for the buck. Rides smooth, a little loud under full throttle, but that is to be expected from a 1.5 liter moving 2,000 plus pounds. Drives fine til about 80-85 mph, then it starts to be a little too loud from the engine bay. Put in some dynamat and it might be somewhat quieter.

WHERE'S 6TH GEAR?
By ZEEMAN on 03/27/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion. It's roomy, sporty, handles well, is a breeze to park, and, when driven properly (with the 5spd), gets good mileage and is comfortable on long trips. I am 6' and have plenty of head and leg room. I installed the better xB armrest that actually has storage and it fit perfectly. With the back seats down, there's plenty of room for my two huge labs and they love to ride with their heads out the window. It comes nicely equipped, and mine has no options but for the armrest. I like the iPod connect as well as the standard CD player. If you are single or childless, the xA will handle about 95% of your driving/transportation needs. Not just a kid's car; I'm 36 and love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.