2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Fun to drive and it pays for itself.
By Phil from Denver on 10/05/05 01:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I both have $40,000 SUVs. When I started spending $85.00 per week to drive to work, we decided to get something economical. I started by looking at all the non-hybird cars (to keep cost down) getting > 35 mpg. That limited it to a select few. After several test drives of several different cars, this little thing stuck out above the rest. This car is packed with tons of options - plus there is a "cult" like following and they are nearly impossible to get at the dealership (which keeps values up). I am now spending $28.00 per week on gas, (getting 37 mpg, mostly city) and have kept the big SUV (this thing is paying for itself in gas alone). This thing is a blast to drive & a kick to hear "what is that!?"

Run to your nearest dealer...now...go!
By Scions4ever on 10/03/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after doing tons of research for an "economy" car. This little guy packs a lot of features and is just plain fun to drive! Its great gas mileage is key during these times. This car will end up saving me tons of money! Run to your nearest dealership and have fun with this ride!

Scion Great buy
By Smart99 on 09/27/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have been impressed by the cars abilty to deliver of the dealerships promises. The car was the best investment I could have made. With the price of gas going up and I am averaging 39 miles on the hiway I could not be happier with my choice of cars.

Great car with a lot of personality
By sciontific on 09/25/05 00:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2006 Scion xA and have really enjoyed driving it so far. It really is a good value for the money. Most of the creature comforts come as standard equipment, the build quality is excellent, and it is fun to drive. The gas mileage is also impressive.

Wow!
By Scionfan on 09/21/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in my Toyota Tacoma for the Scion XA, and what a great little car this is. It's a hoot to drive, and it gets better mileage than the Tacoma ever did. The mpg that I'm averaging, though, is a little less than I had hoped for, but my XA has automatic transmission.

Scion XA
By Fuel Saver on 09/19/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle sure surprised me,we took it on a trip Tampa-Orlando with full tank,drove around with AC going,for a week-end,the Parks,shopping,clubing, the works,then back to Tampa,arriving with just about half of a tank left,the ride to and from was also surpisingly smooth,and with the windows up surprisingly quiet,we enjoyed the ride,all four of us,it was a"guys week- end"without the girls,lucky us...the

This Car Pays For Itself - Great Car !!
By ggallen on 08/27/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have my Scion a couple week. Just love the car. It is really solid and handles well. Loads of leg and head room. Love the fact that you cna build the car you want instead of paying for options you never use. Can't beat the gas mileage. I am getting betwen 37 and 41 mpg and the car is not even broke in. In fact, being this car is getting double the gas mileage of my others. I have set- up a Scion Saver account and I deposit my gas savings in the account every time I fill-up. The way I see it if gas prices remain I will have the car paid off in about 3 years off my gas savings alone.

A lot of Bang for the Buck
By Gary on 08/16/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's hard to see fault in my car so far. We bought it for its roominess, we regulary drive with 2 adults and 3 teens in the car. So far no complaints from them although our drives have been an hour or less. I wouldn't take it on a several hour drive with the entire family. Another plus was the simple buying process which was in stark contrast to another dealership (Honda) that we purchased from a week before. A total of 2 hours in the Scion dealership versus 4- 5 Hours in Honda and many Tylenol later from repeatedly telling the "finance" guy NO to aftermarkets products.

This car Rules the Planet
By Sharon on 08/08/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2005 Scion Release Series, with a 2.0 liter engine. There are only 1,700 of these cars made. What drew me to it was it already had everything I wanted in a Scion. Total cost $15,000. I took my car on a trip from Madsion, WI to Charleston SC, The car was loaded to the top. I spent $70.00 on gas for a 1,000 mile ride, impressive right? I had no trouble plowing thru the Smoky Mountains. This car is like driving a race car. I was burnin' the track & takin' names. Scion has a price point system. All Scions come base price and each extra costs a price, no running back & forth to a manager. It was the first time I bought a car and didn't feel ripped off!

I Like My Scion XA!
By Gloria on 08/03/05 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a stylish inexpensive car made in Japan and with high quality parts, good gas mileage, and a fun interior, especially at night when it goes NEON colors!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.