2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
xA, Great Little Ride
By N on 01/02/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I use my Scion xA for mainly city driving. After driving larger cars this is a great model for moving in and out of traffic. I haven't done a lot of highway driving with it, but it has handled well in all four seasons.

Not Just for Kids
By Scion Enthusiast on 12/29/05 23:20 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Anyone who thinks the Scion xA is just for the young and hip needs to look again! I'm 32, and I drive 80+ miles each day. The xA is a great commuter car and it has plenty of room for my family of three (plenty of room for a car seat). Its gas mileage will vary with driving style - I mostly drive highway, and find that mileage is directly related to speed. If you keep it under 65, you will get 35 - 37 mpg. At speeds over 65, you'll see low to mid-30s. My lowest mileage to date is 31 mpg. I absolutely love this car! It handles like a go-cart, and does great in snow and rain. While its acceleration is not neck breaking, it has plenty of pep for every day driving.

My Pricey Christmas Present to Myself
By adnilem03 on 12/27/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xA 2006 is an awesome car. The buttons and displays inside the car are very easy to use, and big, so I can wear gloves and still push everything. I love the stereo controls on the steering wheel. It has lots of room inside the car, especially lots head room for those vertically challenged. I love how you sit in it when you're driving, instead of lying down. When driving you can see right over all the normal sedans, and this helps with driving in traffic.

Poised for the Future
By Sippin' Gas on 12/17/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've been attracted to the Scion xA from the first test drive. It's utilitarian, reliable, fuel efficient and fun to drive. And it's so darn cute! But I almost didn't buy it because Toyota does a terrible job of supplying dealers with cars that have both a 5-speed transmission and side head/torso airbags. Finally, I found one with the side balloons and bought it. I'm glad that I did. The first tank of gas delivered 35 mpg overall. I knew that Nissan, Honda and Toyota (with the Yaris) will debut similar little hatchbacks next year. The spy photos of those cars revealed they lack the elan and classy look of my xA. I'm sure that the xA's cache', and it's excellent fuel economy, will ensure it retains a high resale value.

Excelent Car
By Jorge Almodovar on 12/15/05 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xA looks great. Its very economical and I like the interior. It's a great build of the Toyota company.

Guilt Free Purchase
By GUILT FREE PURCHASE on 12/06/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car puchase, and I feel confident that I made a great choice with the Scion xA. I drive about 60 miles a day with work, and I'm averaging 34 mpg which is about as good as it gets without putting out the money for a hybrid. The size of the car is deceiving from the outside, it feels very spacious inside, even in the backseat. The cuteness of this car cannot be denied, you want to pinch it's cheeks.

Awesome Car!
By Jill on 11/15/05 21:39 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2006 Scion xA. I'm 16 years old and I got this car for my birthday and it is awesome! The car dealership was awesome! It is a great first car and a good car for go back and forth to school. I get lots of compliments and I love the interior (especially the silver accents). We test drove a 2005 xA and the pickup was bad, but it has improved some for the 2006 model. And the speedometer was very easy to get used to. And I also love the stereo conrols on the steering wheel (very convenient!). But overall, the best thing about this car was the price!

Excellent Choice
By albanyscion on 11/06/05 21:05 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you do you homework, this car is a 10. If you want more HP, buy something else. I have a 2006 automatic Scion xA with 2,300 miles on it. In nearly a 50/50 split between city and highway driving I am getting 30/37 mpg in real world driving. It's fun to drive, very comfortable and extremely roomy in front seat and acceptable in back seat. this car is exceptionally quality.

Scion xA - a fun car!
By 2006 scion xa on 10/31/05 21:28 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. It is so fun and cute on the outside and roomy on the inside for a car its size. I love it!

Great Car for the Money
By new xa owner on 10/17/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Scion xA is the ultimate car for small families. It's got plenty of room and is versatile for its size. The ultimate experience is being able to get in and out of parking lots with little difficulty, which means a lot for this former truck owner. It is a very solid and well built little car

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.