2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Scion Xa
By pat on 03/14/06 20:33 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like the performance and pickup of this car. The price is economical and the mileage is great. My model is great looking and it is a whole lot of fun to drive. I previously drove a Toyota MR2 for 190,000 miles and wanted to stay with Toyota. This car is a great car for the price, performance and economy. I have a 2005 model and will buy another one.

Speaker Upgrade Door & Cold Air
By David on 03/05/06 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xA is a cute little car, some of the add ons where done at the dealer, so we had to wait to add this and that. We got the cold air intake, you won't get the extra boost, but the engine runs smoother. I did not like the door stereo upgrade, for what they charge I expected better. I told them I wanted my money back, and they just laughed.

Brand New Scion
By Rogna on 03/04/06 04:17 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have been a Toyota family since 198?. I just got my first Scion yesterday. So far, everthing has been excellent. The seats are the most comfortable I've ever had in a car. It drove very smoothly and has a lot of room inside and a lot of pick up for such a small car. I will return to re-rate it when I have had it longer. My last Toyota was 11 years old and I put 33,750 miles on it. This Scion is my first automatic. I've had stick shifts all my life. I kept looking for the clutch, LOL. I am 4' 8" tall and I can reach the pedals on this new Scion. I had to add blocks to my past cars. Yet this Scion is a nice fit for my 6' 1" husband.

Love My Scion
By debinbtimonium on 02/08/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love that my Scion xA is so roomy inside. I especially love that it's sits high, which makes it so easy to get in and out. It surprises everyone that gets into it for the first time.

Toyota Excellence
By 2006 Scion xA on 01/31/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Scion xA. It is affordible and is very high quality. Also, it's great on gas, which is a major plus with gas prices at the level they're at today.

The Only Commuter Car on the Market
By scionhead77 on 01/30/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

There is no other car (that I've found) that has the combination of fuel efficiency, excellent braking/handling, subcompact size, safety features, Toyota-like reliability, amazing design quality (interior and exterior), and low price. This car has been *very* fun to drive and show off.

My Scion
By Olga on 01/25/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was about to buy a Toyota Prius or a Corolla when I first test drove a Scion xA and I immediately fell in love with it. It has a great sitting position and road visibility. I love the outstanding Pioneer sound system. The cabin is quiet. The xA has excellent handling and is very stylish. The ride is a little choppy but that doesn't bother me too much. The seats are comfortable with plenty of legroom. Its fuel economy is very good. The automatic transmission responds well. Mine has factory installed side and head curtain airbags. I paid extra for the keyless remote entry and an alarm. Overall this car has been an excellent choice for city driving. It is not the fastest, but provides a nice driving experience on the highway. It's a best buy for the middle-aged like myself.

Love It!
By mikey on 01/15/06 00:06 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Scion xA. Not only is it cute, it defies the laws of physics: it is small on the outside but big inside. I am 6' tall and weigh 250 lbs. and am very comfortable in this car. The stereo is excellent. My driving is all city and I get about 30 mpg.

Canoes' Ownership Experience - Scion xA
By Jesse on 01/10/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Scion xA is rattle-proof, very easy to drive, and has excellent fuel economy. I did 40 mpg on third tank of gas.

Sciontology
By falsesmall on 01/03/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xA is a funky little "Mini Cooper"-like buggy that is a blast to drive. It has Toyota / Lexus quality with standard power windows, doors, mirrors, ABS, 15 inch wheels, and a kick butt 6 speaker stereo that will even play your MP3's. It is near the top in gas mileage and, unlike the Mini, runs on regular. Despite its size, the front seats are roomy and very comfortable. The driving position / view of the road is similar to driving a minivan or an SUV. It handles well. The ride is a little choppy on uneven surfaces though. The engine provides ample power, but is a bit anemic when the car loaded. For $14,070 out the door (plus tax/tags), how can you beat it?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.