Used 2006 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Scion Xa - Little to Complain About
By P. Wood

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car and have only one thing I would improve on it , the power. It takes too long to warm up and change gears. It handles great and is extremely easy to park. I've had other compacts with the same engine specs. that seemed to be a little more powerful. The interior fits a short person comfortably, and tall people don't feel closed in. The exterior and style are attractive and eye-catching. The accessories are impressive - only one thing is needed there, someway to fit in a console. All-in-all, I will buy another one if they are around when I need my next car.

I love the style, the fit (seats), and the overall feel of this car are great. It's quirky but cute, roomy, and handles easily.

Fit in a console and power up the engine just a little. It takes too long to warm up and change gears.

Awesome Car
By bobbic6314

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car greatly. It drives very well and it's a great car for a child. I really like it because it's easy to drive and the comfort of the car is awesome.

Everything.

None!

My Little Rollerskate
By marji

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Scion xA's good gas mileage, Its leg room equals or is better than the Toyota Sienna's. I am tall, it is becoming my favorite.

The speedometer is in a great place. The xA seems to be everything it is advertised to be.

Give it more trunk space.

Best Car for the Money!
By Brian Jones

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2006 Scion xA for over a year. It's been a fun, practical, and economical auto. With the automatic transmission and city driving, I've averaged about 30-34 mpg while squeezing out a solid 40 mpg highway; with the caveat that you must keep the speed under 65 MPH to do so. The car is roomy, comfortable, and comes with more standard features than any similar vehicle in its class. I've hauled a 27" television, groceries from Costco, and a Coleman portable generator in my little hatchback. The car is peppy in traffic, handles well, and steers on a dime making it easy to park. I compared it to the Rio, Aveo, and Focus and the xA was the best bang for the buck with Toyota service.

The agile handling and acceleration, even up hills. The roomy seating, I'm 6'2" and drive comfortably. The Pioneer AM/FM/CD that comes standard with the option to add iPod docks. the great gas mileage. The sporty looks, the car looks as good in person as in the advertisements. I get many inquiries about the car.

Give it gauges instead of warning lights. I'd rather monitor my own oil pressure and engine temperature rather than relying on a warning light. A fifth gear on the automatic transmission would be great as well. While it's peppy in acceleration, it could use an extra highway gear.

Classy, Fuel-Efficient, & Reliable
By Glad I Did It

2006 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's been 14 months since I bought my Scion xA and they have been rewarding months, indeed. The car still turns heads while being extremely utilitarian and reliable. I get a solid 35 mpg overall (50% freeway and 50% secondary roads) and 41 mpg on long trips on the PA Turnpike. It has lots of torque for a small engine, good comfort and a commanding view from the chair-like driver's seat.

This thing is a tank and a Toyota. I have had no problems at all! That's what I like best! Next best thing: the driving position and the supportive seats. And for a tall vehicle, the handling is almost sporty.

Cruise control should be an option. I'm adding an aftermarket unit.