2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
A Little Car with a lot of Personality
By Rosie on 04/21/06 21:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my xA since the end of November. I love it. It is my first new car. I have owned many used Toyotas over the years and the Scion xA has not disapointed me. It is great on gas.

Scion
By Jim G on 04/21/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was hesitant to buy such a small car. Howerver, it has a really sporty ride and I feel comfortable and safe in it. My wife is from England where small cars are necessary. She loves the vehicle as well.

Brilliant Design
By csconey on 04/18/06 03:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The design of this car is superb. It is short, but the engine takes up very little space. As a result, the interior passenger compartment is amazingly large for such a short car. It is great for the city where small spaces are easier to get into with this car. The xA has a suprisingly large storage capacity. It is also high and is very easy to get in and out of. The seats are very comfortable. I have always purchased Volkswagens, but from now on I will only buy Toyotas. And the Scion xA is a spectacular value, with great mileage per gallon. I recommend this car to both young and older drivers. I am over 60 and love this car.

Love It
By Afaq Syed on 04/15/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is incredible. I was working on a tight budget. After test driving three cars, the salesperson showed me this car. The long list of standard items was impressive. After taking it out for the test drive I found it to be very responsive and fun driving and decided to buy it. I bought a Toyota Camry 6 months back. I wish I had test driven this car before I had brought my Camry. I think this car is a true value down to every penny.

Best Kept Secret in Affordable Cars
By joe on 04/15/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota did a great job designing this car. For the price it is simply hard to beat. It is simple, versatile, economical and does not feel in any way cheap. It's $20,000 worth of car for $14,000.

Outstanding Value
By Ozzie on 04/13/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The vehicle is perfect for my needs. I just got the car and when I was driving home I noticed the engine runs strong and the cabin was fairly quiet. I did my homework and looked at the Corolla, Civic and Mini. I felt that for the price and quality the Scion was the winner!

Great car for my needs
By calpolyscion on 04/07/06 00:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had the typical doubts about Scion. I didn't think it would survive as Toyota's child. The whole ad campaign of the hip gen y car is a bit tacky, but I believe but the car is a solid reminder that it's a Toyota. I am one who prefers small cars however sometimes I fear that I am too small to be seen. The rear seats fold down easily to store my larger items when needed. Overall the Scion xA is a solid compact package. It is much cheaper than a Corolla with the standard options although the Corolla is a bit wider. The driver's seat position is more like that of a minivan or SUV and the speedometer and gauge are in the center, but this is easy to get used to and actually makes a lot of sense.

Love It!
By Beck on 04/03/06 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my new Scion this past week and so far, i absolutley love it! This is the first brand new vehicle purchase for me and it was a breeze. My dealer was awesome. I got the Flint Mica color and it's gorgeous. I've had strangers stop me and ask about the car. I am very excited and I look forward to driving it until the wheels fall off!

My xA
By me on 03/30/06 06:59 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The xA is a great car. toyota lied however! I do not get 31 miles per gallon around town, I get 35 - 36! Not only that, but this car is easy and fun to drive. It has good drivability, handling, and even ride. For $16,000 out the door, this is just great little car. It's comfy, roomy , and has a great interior design with instrument on center console. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

I had my car for 8 days :o(
By Tink11464 on 03/20/06 10:54 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had my car for 8 days! I bought this car brand new, unfortunately it was totaled 8 days later. I LOVED THIS CAR! I called everyone I knew in that first week saying how much I loved this car. The style is awesome, the ride great, the kids loved it (from my 16 year old down to my 4 year old). On March 16th someone in front of me caused a 5 car pile up and I was caught up in it... So here's hoping I get another Scion xA ASAP!! My car was totaled the same day my Cargo tote that I ordered from the dealership came in. I told them to hold the tote - till I get another xA.The police put in the report that my car was an SUV. I had to fix that! My car was the smallest in the accident!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.