2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Scion xA - The 4 door hatch to buy
By econjay on 05/20/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is an excellent value with style and comfort. We chose it over the Honda Fit and other 4 door hatch models. There has been too much criticism about the lack of power and ride comfort. While a few more HP would be welcome, this car's performance is well beyond adequate with a ride we believe to be comfortable. If considering one, take it for a ride rater than relying on what we believe was a lazy review by Consumer Reports. CR seemed to mail in a review of a 2004 model.

Scion xA
By Chet Pilcher on 05/18/06 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The xA makes an excellent second car. It has easy access, great visibility and a high seat position. Its sound system rivals the one in my Avalon. It has smooth shifting up and down. Its overall gas consumption is currently at 32+mpg around town. The air conditioning can "run you out." This is a really fun car to drive!

Scion xA
By Jon on 05/14/06 04:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a car for two things. One, to transport my tools in the back with easy access, and good gas milage! With the Scion xA I got both. The mileage being what I expected at 28 mpg driving like a bank robber to 38 mpg once on the parkway. It is generally around 35 mpg. The three things I wouldn't buy a car without are air conditioning, power windows, and a great radio. The Scion had all three although I opted for the XM. As for the power, they are not charging the money for the car that speed costs so I didn't have any issues with the power. I don't recommend that you pass anyone without a long range of open highway. I would gladly buy this car again. I have just about 20,000 miles on mine after 9 months of ownership.

I love it
By Erin on 05/12/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! When I bought it I was unsure about the shape but have found it to be very user friendly. You can fit more in the back with the seats up than you would think. You do not have to worry about gas consumption either. The xA is a very comfortable car for a family.

What Gas Crisis?
By Rich on 05/10/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The average gas mileage for my xA at 2,100 miles is 35.8. I keep it at 65 mph for the most part. This car is comfortable enough for my 55 mile drive to work. I would recommend this car to anyone.

I love this CAR
By ohnnyj on 05/08/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car and I am loving it. After hearing hundreds of horror stories about the whole car buying process, I was genuinely surprised at how fast and easy it was to buy a Scion. The dealership was amazing and they took care of everything. I love driving this little titan around. I always get the same reaction when I show it off; first, people usually chuckle at how small it is, but once inside, they always say the same thing "wow." The interior is stylish and roomy (it makes grocery shopping and laundry days a cinch). It handles well and drives smoothly. And it just looks so cool!

It Needs a Sunroof
By LandaOz on 05/05/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The xA is a great car if you are looking for a small vehicle to zip around in and it has great mileage. It is so hard to find a little 2 door hatchback like the ones that we all grew up with, but this fits the mold. I had a 2 door RAV4 and miss it terribly, but this is kinda like a little SUV. It is small, but but fits quite a bit of stuff for a single or couple.

Scion xA
By Jaime S. Rios on 05/03/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am really pleased with the gas mileage, leg room, and power this little but very comfortable vehicle has. It has a very modern design and you can't beat the price.

I Love This Car
By CWhatley on 04/30/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion aA is the very first brand new car that I have ever owned and I couldn't be more pleased with its performance and quality. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking to buy a new car. It is wonderful on style, gas mileage, comfort, and reliability.

Updated Review
By Rogna on 04/24/06 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The longer I own my little Scion xA the more I love it. Wherever I go people ask me, "What is it?" It is a great ice breaker. This car is the most fun to drive. I love it. I get about 30 - 32 MPG and that is just driving around town in traffic. One man, a borough worker, pulled his backhoe up to our driveway as he was passing by, stopped, and asked what kind of car it was. My 6' 1" husband, who had bought a Toyota Tacoma a week before, said he would buy the xA if he did not need a truck. He loves it. This car reminds me of the USA TV channel's advertisement: "Characters Wanted." It's for the person who is an individualist. We truly *love* it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.