Used 2006 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

xA review
By mczarski

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car if you want excellent gas mileage, good standard features, and way low price. We looked at all the high mileage cars, except the hybrids, and this was the best bang for the buck. Rides smooth, a little loud under full throttle, but that is to be expected from a 1.5 liter moving 2,000 plus pounds. Drives fine til about 80-85 mph, then it starts to be a little too loud from the engine bay. Put in some dynamat and it might be somewhat quieter.

Center mounted speedo and tach, decent sized cup holders, grocery bag holders, color display changes on upgraded sound system.

Lower it with some springs (improves fuel economy), upgrade the wheels to alloy instead of steel (improves fuel economy and acceleration), and put in a TRD air filter. This maintains factory warranty, and improves airflow.

Amazing!
By Anya

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car!! It's so adorable and fun, everyone says it suits me perfectly. There's only a handful around town and we all recognize each other and wave. The car is fairly fuel efficient, but not as high as I'd been hoping for. It's so roomy inside, especially compared to other cars of it's type that ARE bigger, but feel smaller. Comes with some great standard features, I love the stereo. I recommend this car to anyone who wants to stand out a little while still having a functional and fun car.

I love its curves, it's not too bubbly. Folding down the back seat is nice. I love the standard Pioneer stereo.

The seats could be a bit more... cushy. They're all right but if you're driving for more than an hour, they start to get uncomfortable.

WHERE'S 6TH GEAR?
By ZEEMAN

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Scion. It's roomy, sporty, handles well, is a breeze to park, and, when driven properly (with the 5spd), gets good mileage and is comfortable on long trips. I am 6' and have plenty of head and leg room. I installed the better xB armrest that actually has storage and it fit perfectly. With the back seats down, there's plenty of room for my two huge labs and they love to ride with their heads out the window. It comes nicely equipped, and mine has no options but for the armrest. I like the iPod connect as well as the standard CD player. If you are single or childless, the xA will handle about 95% of your driving/transportation needs. Not just a kid's car; I'm 36 and love it.

Styling, roominess for a small car, iPod connect, build/fit/finish quality, Toyota reliability, pricing. It's a lot of car for short money. A breeze to park. Car gets a lot of looks and draws many questions from the curious.

For God's sake, put in a 6th gear or lengthen 5th. You CANNOT achieve the advertised 38 mpg at realistic (65 mph+) highway speeds. I drive 90% highway, and can't break 33mpg. The engine revs at 3500 RPM in 5th at 65 mph, and the car sounds like its stuck in 4th. REALLY fun around town though.

Nice Little Economy Car for the Money
By lanae

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Saturn for this little Scion so I could save on gas for city driving. So far I don't see the excellent fuel savings that I was expecting but, I am assuming it will take some time to break the car in - maybe!?! It is easy to drive. The stick shift is different than the one that is in my Saturn as it was told to me from the sales lady it was a short shifter. It has great steering control. It is nice to have ABS after driving a car for five years without it. The Pioneer stereo system is nice. I feel it will last for a long time. My car has the spoiler and fog lights and I must say that the fog lights help light the road better! I would recommend this car to anyone that has a tight budget that is looking for reliable transportation.

The wiper in the back, Pioneer radio, radio controls on the steering wheel, spoiler, and how the heat and A/C work very well!

Offer plusher seating, cruise control, and standard side air bags.

Excelent Car
By Martin

2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the car is very fun and very economical. I have not had any problems with it and people are usually impressed when they get inside, surprised with the space when compared with the size of the exterior.

The CD/MP3 player, stick shift, and the economic features.

Increase the front leg room and lessen the sound of air from the back windows.