Like its name, my grasshopper leaps over the competition
By grasshoppermom on
2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
He (yes, he's a he) scoots in and out of traffic, passing SUVs like they are standing still, leaps around clumps of snarled traffic by his quick ability to dart in and out of lanes. I named him grasshopper because the neat lines of the hatch remind me of a grasshopper's straight angled back legs. mileage could be a tad better. 25 in town, 33 highway. Packs full and I have helped folks move in this little car. The depth of hatch door opening makes it easy to toss everything into it, including the kitchen sink if need be. I work in real estate and remodelling such, and can fit an eight foot 2x4 and a 12x8 piece of carpet stuck out the window. A great lil' big car. 122,000 mi and counting...
Favorite Features
Dash set-up which I can see without peering over and under the steering wheel. Lots of comfy leg room, he will steer himself but I do keep one finger on the wheel. Crawls through deep snow like a four-by, and in low gear can climb uphill in snow without flinching. Headlights small but bright in high beams. Good hill climbing at highway speeds as he shifts down into passing gear. Run at 75-80 and he likes it over 65 at least. A dear sweet little car and best I have ever owned with the exception of my Tercel SR5 Wagon
Suggested Improvements
Only improvement would be a little brighter low beams, and if the occasional mysterious dash rattle could be figured out. The black upholstery which is standard on the X series might offer a slightly lighter choice as it does show my long hair and the cats too.