2005 Scion xA Consumer Review: My Work Car

2005 Scion xA - Consumer Review

My Work Car
By slicklizard on

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a courier and this is the car provided to me by my boss. It's a nice car to work with, as it's nimble, quick and easy to park. It's got about 115K miles on it, mostly highway miles and the only thing that's been done to it is tires, brakes and a new alternator (the old one chewed up the belt). It has a nice stereo, cold a/c and hot heat and the seating position is up high (almost minivan-like). I normally put 300-500 miles on the car per day and, besides a tire blowout, it's never let me down. I'd buy this car.

1. The seats get a little tiring on long trips, so better seats would definitely be a plus. 2. No cruise control. 3. No center armrest. 4. I hate the instrument panel being in the center of the dash. It's harder to see than in convential setups. 5. The speedo is in 20 mph increments. Five and ten mph increments are hard to see, thus it's really tough figuring out how fast you're going. 6. No temp guage, just an idiot light. 7. With it being such a short wheelbase car, you feel every bump in the road and it's such a jiggly, bouncy ride. Of course, that's to be expected in such a small, short car.