Awsome Little Car
By econobox on
2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
You can't go wrong with this city car. Our primary family car for three years with two huge Britax Boulevard seats. Swallows cargo with the rear seats down. Good pick up. Handling is sprightly and easy. Bumpy ride. It's a city car, not a long distance one. Seats are comfy. AC is weak but gets the job done. We have a dark color which is party to blame. Just tint the windows. Fuel economy with the AC running constantly, California gas, and making short trips in stop and go varies between 29 and 31. Our 528i gets 19 mpg in the same situation. Freeway mileage is more like 33-35, but I don't drive slowly. Excellent visibility with tall seating. Tons of headroom; I'm 6', 5' wife loves it too.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy. Easy to park and maneuver. Room for the big car seats. CD/MP3. Handling. Styling (I got asked if it was new in late 2007). Reliability.
Suggested Improvements
I added cruise control. Put a 1.0L or diesel in to get better economy. Better struts to improve the ride. Stability control (they put it on the RS, but you couldn't get side air bags, the morons). Better dealers.