2005 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Had it for a Month
By timschoice on 08/13/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Good car, fun to drive. Got the automatic with a lot of the silly neon lights and better radio. Handles really well, acceleration is a little light from a stop with the auto, but handling is terific. Great sound system. Great car and better price.

Scion....What A CAR!!!
By Chris on 08/10/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would get this car,at first I thought it was ugly, the more I looked...the more I liked. Great car. Great deal. Great reliability. What more could I ask for in my first car that I have to pay for w/o parents help.

great value and fun to drive
By ree63 on 08/09/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my daughter and now I love to drive it. It handles very well, has power everything. It is only two weeks old and already has 1,100 miles on it, took it on two trips in very hilly areas and it handled very well and we were comforable all the way. Purchased the armrest seperatly, it's a must and should have come with the car. Other than that, we just love it! It's a gas to drive around in.

Best Value
By Dan Remmers on 08/05/05 16:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best value for a commuter car. Tons of standard features, great gas mileage, really fun to drive, and easy to park.

I like it.
By Scott Schmidtke on 08/03/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not in the target group (I'm over 40). And I'm not a small person. However, I found the Scion xA roomy and fun. It's mileage is better than advertised. The sound system is great.

my 05
By Linda on 08/01/05 05:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first ever new car, It has oustanding value,i s fun to drive, dependable, and and pleasantly styled. It caught my eye, the interior is really roomy and comfotable, the only drawback I had to over come is that it didn't come in yellow.

Best Value Ever
By D. Remmers on 07/24/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best value you can get for your money. Standard ABS, great sound system, power everything-you-could-want, and great gas mileage all for about $13,500.

Not for everybody; great for me
By WML on 07/22/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had it for two weeks now but I researched for over a year to decide on which car to buy. I wanted just a trendy, fuel-efficient car to "get me there." Nothing else comes close in this class of sub-$15k cars (why is it a 'sedan' here?). And Toyota reliability -- enough said. I drive long distances on weekends and it's great for that. Power/weight ratio makes it light and zippy. Feels very solid, steering is weighty and substantial. The ride is very bumpy, though. You feel everything on the road and it seems like nothing is dampened. I opted for the side airbags, which is an expensive option but better safe than sorry. Fuel economy is less than advertised; maybe 33 on the highway

Scion XA
By K.C on 07/18/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I always bought Hondas because they handle better than the Toyota. The Scion handles great and has reliability of a Toyota. The best of both worlds and great MPG to boot.

Great Car
By vmay on 07/16/05 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best small car I have ever had. It is fun to drive, has great gas mileage. It is different looking and everyone who sees it just loves the color and how it looks.