Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Best Buy for the Buck!
By Cuppett

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The purchase of our xA was for an extra vehicle for our use. It has proved to be a great purchase. Very reliable, great fuel economy, sufficient power, and much more fluff and safety options than comparable U.S. models. You can't go wrong with a Toyota product. Our love for the xA pushed our aging parents to buy an xB to replace their minivan. Although they lost space, they too are very please with the performance and handling of their xB. You simply can't get more bang for your buck!

AM/FM/CD standard and power window standard.

Driver's window should be power down and power up. Cruise control needs to be standard, and not the after market substandard option.

Okay Car
By HeatB

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. It is a real attention getter. I have not had any mechanical problems, now at 36,500 miles. It still runs great. It has a good ride, but it is not so comfortable on long trips. I drove from Alabama to Orlando and on to North Carolina. There is not nearly enough room for people and luggage. My number one gripe is the lack of a center arm rest! The center mounted speedometer and gauges took some getting used to. I have to readjust when driving husband's truck.

The body style and good stereo. My so loves the lights inside the car.

Add a center arm rest. My car does not have an emblem on the front, I have not seen any others like this. I don't like that.

Great Car
By xa_lover

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car since I first saw it. It is very customizable and looks great in the inside. The problem is the back is a little too small. Also, it doesn't have cruise control. I would love a moonroof or maybe a convertible top. Other than that, it's very economical and fun to drive.

I love the good gas mileage and that it's so easy to customize. Also, the sound system is cool.

Add cruise control and a moonroof/sunroof. Maybe even make it a convertible.

Almost Perfect
By Frank Yake

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We love the Scion xA! It is extremely well-equipped and comfortable for such a basic car. It has proven to be super-reliable and very economical to drive. It is also quite nimble. Although mostly used in suburban driving, we've taken a 1,800 mile plus trip to Nashville and back and enjoyed the drive, with one notable and irritating exception. What were the designers thinking when they didn't offer cruise control...even as an option?

The size, good fuel economy of operation, ease of handling, reasonable comfort...and bargain price!

Add cruise control...PLEASE!

2005 XA Reviewed - A Practical Car
By BigEd

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good, well built car. My Scion gets 33 MPG in city gas mileage. My Scion is a lot of fun to drive around also. One of my favorite features is the hatch in back. I can flip down the seats and carry a lot of stuff back there. The stereo is pretty good and the seats are comfy. The air conditioner is marginal, however. The overall quality seems to be really good. It has lots of technology in the engine and good power for city driving, but high rpm on the highway. I love this car.

The flip down rear seat back with hatch allows movement of large objects easily.

Add an overdrive to lower the rpm on the highway. Also, improve the air conditioner.