Used 2005 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Lovin my xA
By Chrissy

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my xA this weekend and I haven't had it even a week and I just cant believe how much I got for such little money. This car had everything I was looking for. I wanted something with great gas mileage, I wanted 4 doors, reliability, something I could take my Rottie in, and something with a decent stereo. The xA wasn't even on my list to consider. I thought they were cute but for some reason I over looked it. When I went to the dealership there were 2 on the lot a silver one that had been owned by a obvious previous smoker. Then there was my blue one that had much higher miles then what I was looking for but with a 3 year bumper to bumper not an issue anymore.

Gas mileage, cuteness, cargo space for my 110 pound rottie, 6 CD changer, LED lights on my feet, and the color changer on the stereo.

An Aux input for my ipod. I guess it doesn't really matter since Scion stopped making the xA.

Fabulous new, not so great as it ages
By Kimberlyxa

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Scion xa when I first got it. Over the years it has had to have the bearing replaced, then entire transmission replaced, the Drive shaft was notched and needed replacement. And the front axle cracked and broke off. I am not sure if I got one from a bad batch, but I have never had this many problems with a Toyota, and I have owned several.

Front console in the center. Ability to customize

Bearings seem to be an issue in several people I know who own the xa

Awsome Little Car
By econobox

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

You can't go wrong with this city car. Our primary family car for three years with two huge Britax Boulevard seats. Swallows cargo with the rear seats down. Good pick up. Handling is sprightly and easy. Bumpy ride. It's a city car, not a long distance one. Seats are comfy. AC is weak but gets the job done. We have a dark color which is party to blame. Just tint the windows. Fuel economy with the AC running constantly, California gas, and making short trips in stop and go varies between 29 and 31. Our 528i gets 19 mpg in the same situation. Freeway mileage is more like 33-35, but I don't drive slowly. Excellent visibility with tall seating. Tons of headroom; I'm 6', 5' wife loves it too.

Fuel economy. Easy to park and maneuver. Room for the big car seats. CD/MP3. Handling. Styling (I got asked if it was new in late 2007). Reliability.

I added cruise control. Put a 1.0L or diesel in to get better economy. Better struts to improve the ride. Stability control (they put it on the RS, but you couldn't get side air bags, the morons). Better dealers.

Glad to have it
By Miles

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got my xA in june of 2005. I had to hang in there to get what I wanted but finally did. It's been a good car so far, have 34,000 miles on it now. The gas cap door cable busted and was replaced under warrantee and that engine check light going on turned out to be a bad timing gear sprocket and was covered also but I was surprised by that one actually.The gas mileage has been excellent and like some people I couldn't care less if other drivers get upset that I'm not going fast enough for them. One of the stock tires has worn a lot quicker than the others.

Fun to drive, gas mileage, easy to clean.

No need to put anything here.

My Scion
By doris bledsoe

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my car. I wish it had better hub caps and less air noise while driving. I love the color. I wish i knew how to take the fla. luv bugs off. They took off some paint in a matter of 2 days, leaving white specks on the hood yuck. But all in all I LOVE MY xA!!

Color, double click to unlock all doors, and the speedometer location.

Softer seats and less air noise and maybe different choices of color like red with tan seats - that would be awesome.