Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Glad to have it
By Miles

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got my xA in june of 2005. I had to hang in there to get what I wanted but finally did. It's been a good car so far, have 34,000 miles on it now. The gas cap door cable busted and was replaced under warrantee and that engine check light going on turned out to be a bad timing gear sprocket and was covered also but I was surprised by that one actually.The gas mileage has been excellent and like some people I couldn't care less if other drivers get upset that I'm not going fast enough for them. One of the stock tires has worn a lot quicker than the others.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, gas mileage, easy to clean.

Suggested Improvements

No need to put anything here.

My Scion
By doris bledsoe

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my car. I wish it had better hub caps and less air noise while driving. I love the color. I wish i knew how to take the fla. luv bugs off. They took off some paint in a matter of 2 days, leaving white specks on the hood yuck. But all in all I LOVE MY xA!!

Favorite Features

Color, double click to unlock all doors, and the speedometer location.

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats and less air noise and maybe different choices of color like red with tan seats - that would be awesome.

Does the job
By bblhed

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to be a commuter car, driving 60 miles round trip is never fun! The mileage is great, and the car handles a bit better than expected for an econo-car. They probably could have put a little more paint on the car than they did but overall, it has held up well with the abuse of commuting. All options are "a la cart" so if you decide later that you want to add something, the dealer or you can do it, no problem. I got mine with some dealer goodies, then added some personal touches myself. I was even able to add a tow plate so I can tow the car with an RV and it only took 2 hours.

Favorite Features

I like that all Scions come with the big three options (air, power windows, power locks) standard from the factory.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint quality, and cruise control. Basic Scions have all the power goodies, cruise should be added even if it bumps the price.

2005 Scion xA
By SCIONIDE IS GOOD 4U

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a rebuilt one but you cannot tell by the way it drives. The unit is getting 39.5 highway average and 33 on the regular stop and go. Even a good used one would be a good one to invest in.

Favorite Features

Gas economy, the folding seats give you almost pickup truck capability.

Suggested Improvements

Front panels interfere and can cause small blind spots.

My Fun Car
By My Great Scion

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the greateest time in my xA, my dog is always in the back seat, and we both enjoy riding around town and on long trips in it. The gas mileage is the greatest. I will go about 380 miles on a full tank. Thanks Toyota for the Scion. From Keith and Astro.

Favorite Features

Great Pioneer 6 speaker cd player, 2 compartments for misc items one is lit with a colored light. 3 cup holders, room for 2 and my dog, or 4 people.

Suggested Improvements

I have had this car for 2 years and at this time I do not have suggested improvements. Great car.