2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Love It
By Karyn on 08/06/06 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The scion xA is a fun, zippy little car that I've enjoyed driving since day one. We moved from a minivan to the xA and when I saw it, I almost dismissed it as ridiculous because of its size, but this thing feels much larger than it is. It's not a very powerful car, but for my needs, it works for me. The gas mileage, driveability, and appearance make up for what it lacks in horsepower.

Very nice...
By roszada on 07/07/06 18:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I put almost 30,000 on my Scion xA and have had no problems whatsoever. It is getting between 32-34 mpg driving in the city on regular gas. The only negative thing is that you need to let the engine warm-up, otherwise it will keep transmission in lower gear untill it reaches "warm" status.

'05 xA stone gray
By xascion05 on 06/10/06 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My xA's gas milage is great. My average city mileage is 33 mpg. That's even with goosing it a bit. Mine has a lot of the acessories - fogs, red steering wheel with red led int. lights, spoiler,15" 10 spoke rims, cruise, tinted glass, auto, carbon door sills, ect. The biggest waste is the led cupholders and floor lights, they are just a silly gimic. But thats how it was put together at the dealer when I saw it. This has been a reliable car. It has even hauled 800 yes 800 lbs. of materials to job sites in a pinch with the seats folded flat.

My most valued possession.
By algebraicjamz on 05/30/06 07:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was waiting for years to find a car that had artistic looks and excellent mileage that parks easily in my congested city center. I was getting close to buying an Echo as a serious comprimise when I saw the Scion xA was an option. I feel like they put a luxurious feel into the interior that I never expected. I love the handling. Like the Echo, I get blown around a bit on the highway, but that's the price I pay for the satisfaction I get when surrounded by "Stunningly Useless Vehicles" getting gouged at the gas pump. Usually the factory stereo is the thing you take out when installing a real one but the Pioneer is still earning its keep. I have had my car two years now and I love it more everyday.

Good Economy Car, But Not Great
By Ted Mer on 05/15/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xA delivers good fuel economy, decent power, and has good features. Its road noise is a bit bothersome, as are a few rattling noises from the windows and dashboard. After 1.5 years of use, I have made no trips to the dealer except for maintenance. The turning radius is a bit large for so small a car, which is good for safety but bad for tight city driving. It handles wind, bad weather and city speeds well. It delivers okay performance on the freeway if you're not used to driving muscle cars.

What a cutie!
By Candise on 04/24/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Scion xA. Trading in my VW Beetle for it was a smart move. It needs better visability and gas milage, but I would buy another one. A sunroof would make this vehicle a sure sale for me. Keep em' comming.

Great Car at a Great Price
By ryan759 on 04/22/06 04:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive and has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. It even has a fantastic stereo all for under $14,000!

I Love It
By SharpiesAreNifty on 04/18/06 13:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recommend this car to anyone and everyone! It's wonderful! It's small, so it gets terrific gas mileage, but it's spacious. I can sit three people in the backseat and none of them complain!

I give it a B
By ben5150 on 03/17/06 19:25 PM (PST)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The shocks in my Scion xA are shot at 19,000 miles and a little wind can make it feel like a boxkite. However, I love the fuel economy and the price was right.

Best Car I've have Purchased
By Jgadt3 on 03/14/06 09:23 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It rides very smoothly. I love the comfort. I'm a big guy and I have plenty of leg room. The only thing that bothers me about this car is that the rear view vision is a little impaired with the head rest design of the back seats. I would love to have a moonroof as well. The colors are great. I love it for many reasons, it is economical, looks great, and feels wonderful. I want to buy a second one.