Used 2005 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xA model:

A Keeper
By Miles

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to me. And I am great to it. The Gas cap cover cable went the first year and Toyota had to replace something in the motor under the warranty but other than those two things this car has been worth every cent I paid for it. I thought it was an excellent deal when I bought it too. Got a bunch of nice options for really not much cash extra that really improves the looks and performance. It's good in the snow with the right tires as long as you drive at a safe speed and it will get up and go when I need it to. I love this car man!

The style, The options to choose from.I got the rrof rack, spoiler, mud flaps, fog lights, subwoofer, Alloy wheels and a bra. Handles great.Sips the petro at ANY constant speed.Small, cleans easily.Reliability.

Dependable!!!
By ak

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for almost 2 years now and she is very reliable. Definatly not a speed demon but awesome gas mileage and i've never had a major problem ever!

Versatile Cargo area! Gas Mileage! Super dependable! Cute!

Needs cruise, road noise at high speeds gets a little annoying

Rock Solid Small Car
By Luke D

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I thoroughly researched before buying this car, and fell in love with it after I bought it. I was impressed with the attention paid to details- side turn signals, pwr steering, mirrors, good headlights, a commanding view of the road, & a well-contoured front seatback. It really set it apart from the 3 Geo Metros I had previously owned, & the Chev Aveo I drove. I've put 73k miles on it, with only routine maint - tires, brakes, plugs & engine fluids replaced. The A/C hasn't failed despite the MN temp extremes, and it's ALWAYS started too. Engine has good pep on freeway if ya press the overdrive OFF button, & has good mileage-approx 31mpg overall. Has very flexible interior-can haul alot.

Commanding view of terrain. Comfy seat, center gauges & blower vents very well-placed. Flexible storage options with 60/40 folding rear seat. I can really haul a lot of gear!

Would be perfect small car if had Traction Control, Cruise Control & was 2 inches wider in rear seat shoulder room. Too small for my 2 older kids with car seat in middle! I replaced radio to one that had Ipod controls. Harsh ride on pothole-riddled freeways

Groovy little car, and runs great too.
By James

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car and it was worth every penny. I put about 15thou/miles per year and it's still going strong w/just regular maintenance. The only major cost has been new tires at 40,000 and tune up at 30 and 60thou-miles. Hope to still have it when it gets to 120.

Awesome stereo, very good mpg, the higher seating position for a small car, very good handling, all the standard features and it looks cool.

cruise control, more hpwr, and even better mileage? oh yea and the road noise too.

Love my Xa
By mbkrug

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 56K on the car without any problems at all. Have had to replace the brakes and tires but that is it. The cars drives extremely well, gets great mileage and is as much fun today as the day I got it. When I put the seat down it has tons of room, the only draw back is that with the birth of my son, using the infant seat makes the passenger side front side almost unusable due to how far it has to be pushed up. Other than that I have no complaints. It has been a great car that I would recommend to anyone.

My led interior lights and the speedometer in the middle