Used 2005 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Groovy little car, and runs great too.
By James

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car and it was worth every penny. I put about 15thou/miles per year and it's still going strong w/just regular maintenance. The only major cost has been new tires at 40,000 and tune up at 30 and 60thou-miles. Hope to still have it when it gets to 120.

Favorite Features

Awesome stereo, very good mpg, the higher seating position for a small car, very good handling, all the standard features and it looks cool.

Suggested Improvements

cruise control, more hpwr, and even better mileage? oh yea and the road noise too.

Love my Xa
By mbkrug

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have 56K on the car without any problems at all. Have had to replace the brakes and tires but that is it. The cars drives extremely well, gets great mileage and is as much fun today as the day I got it. When I put the seat down it has tons of room, the only draw back is that with the birth of my son, using the infant seat makes the passenger side front side almost unusable due to how far it has to be pushed up. Other than that I have no complaints. It has been a great car that I would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

My led interior lights and the speedometer in the middle

I love my Scion!
By CareO'Lynn

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Scion xA for 1 year now and have loved every minute of it! In minnesota, it even started when it was -30 degrees! Granted, it sounded a little funny but let it run a few minutes, then she was off!

Favorite Features

Looks, reliability, light up storage box!!

Suggested Improvements

I changed from the factory Pioneer stereo to a Sony that has an iPod connection. Sun roof options? Whats up with the bad gas milage? 28mpg is what i typically get.

ONE SWEET LITTLE RIDE!!!
By weezaworld

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this on our honeymoon, and it has turned into our second best wed gift(second to a quilt)! We love our car.....needless to say, it has been EVERYWHERE with us!!! (or rather we with it) Held hostage by the miraculous powers of the all new, all amazing 2005 scion XA!!! On a more serious note, this has been a great little car for us. Over 100000 miles, and nothing but plugs and oil change. We have often gotten around 40 mpg and have made MANY 1500 mile trips in it, and find it very comfy. The ONLY things I could complain about, is road noise at high speeds, no input jack on stereo, one annoying blind spot, and.....I guess that's it! Great car! We HIGHLY recommend!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING! Love the fold down rear seat, and the cargo cap. MPG, style, awesome stereo ETC ETC

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, input jack, and blind spot on driver side. Otherwise perfect!

Still love this car
By janamg

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car 70 miles round trip three times a week commuting to work. She has also taken me and one or two passengers on trips of up to 1000 miles a time or two. I average 36 MPG, but occasionally get over 40. There is nothing to dislike about "Jolene" She gets all scheduled maintenance and I have had absolutely no problems with her. She's on the original battery and still starts right up unless I forget the headlights. Even then a jump and 5 minutes run time is enough to "rejuice" her. She's small, so changing a flat is almost easy. Her pick up is sufficient and she has absolutely NO problems holding her own on the highway with the big boys. She does not act like a little car.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and reliability. Cargo flexibility. Surprisingly non-painful on long trips. Great sound.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control (Jolene sometimes gets into her head that the speed limit is more of a recommendation.) Road noise can be annoying at warp speed.