2005 Scion xA Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

2005 xA Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Sort Reviews by

Scion XA
By Donald Morang

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Interior roominess, nice acceleration, comfort knowing it is made by Toyota, get lots of looks from people, doesn't feel like a small car on the highway, very comfortable interior

Favorite Features

Overall very pleased with the Scion XA

Suggested Improvements

I only had the car for a few weeks and do not see any need for improvements. My partner bought a Toyota Matrix the same day and feels the Scion has more pep than the Matrix.

great
By dewayne buskey

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

love the car , hated the dealership that sold it in atlanta

Favorite Features

interior

Suggested Improvements

none so far

Gas Mileage and looks
By Bufferlow

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was originally interested in the Mini Cooper or a hybrid but after finding out the wait time and reading some of the horror maintenance stories about the Mini and hybrids, I found the XA. It has been a great little car. Has most features you would want and great options. The "Saturn" like sales price makes decision-making on purchase easy. You either accept or walk...no goofing around waiting for the next offer. My dealer did not make it painful when we discussed extended warranties and the like...that was a relief.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is a big plus with no noticable drop in performance from my old six cylnder. I love the six cd changer and the cool lighting options inside the car. I like the ride and it actually has more people room than my old car, even though it was "bigger".

Suggested Improvements

I was surprised they did not include a cruise option. This is not a huge issue but I would have taken it had they offered. Bowing to the Mini Cooper, some paint enhancement options would be cool...but you can get those done yourself it is a real must.

Good Deal
By XA Jake

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the gas milage but what I got was much more. I think this is the best car that I have ever driven to this point. The extra features that you can get with it is outstanding. I love sports cars so I got the lowering kit and 18 inch rims along with the Cold air induction and sport muffler. The gas milage is about 36 miles to the gallon and I get alot of responce on the gas pedal. I can't even get in it without someone asking me about it. I don't know how any other car companys are going to sell compacts when this car becomes more known. There are things that I would change in the manufacture but they would all drive up the base line price.

Favorite Features

Excellent upgrades, outstanding fuel milage, Great price beautiful styling.

Suggested Improvements

Move the steering wheel so it is easier for tall people to reach. The Scion web page should tell "all" the upgrades that a person can purchase. I had no idea that I could have gotten cruise and window tinting and I did a lot of studying up.

I love this car
By Laurie

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car .... and if I had to buy another all over again ... it would be the Scion Xa

Favorite Features

I just love the whole design

It Rocks!
By srocco

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the greatest car I have ever found. I ordered to how I wanted it, it is smoothe to drive, and it makes heads turn with its "new age" type look.

Favorite Features

Of course, the cool air intake, illuminated cup holders, 6 disc CD changer, alloy weels, color, the mileage, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Leather interior would be nice.

way to go toyota.
By megasms

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The handling is nice and tight; gas mielage is obsurdly awesome; looks unique, and has turned many heads. I love it.

Favorite Features

The stero. All of my passangers have said how great the sound is, especially for stock.

Suggested Improvements

More buttons.

best for your buck
By Ross 78

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The XA is an affordable and fuel efficient car. Toyota hit the jackpot with the scion brand. I have complete confidence that this car will last me years to come.

Favorite Features

many add ons are standard with the car.

Suggested Improvements

more color options, roof rack, or bike rack option

MUST HAVE CAR
By MEXMEXICANANGEL

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT THIS CAR BECAUSE IT WAS UNEXPENSIVE AND HAD A BETTER FUEL ECONOMY.MY FAMILY THOUGHT IT WAS WEIRD LOOKING BUT AFTER THEY SAW THE SPORTY LOOK DESIGN.THE SOUND STEREO SOUNDS GREAT ALSO.THE TRUNK MIGHT LOOK SMALL BUT IT CAN FIT ALOT OF THINGS!

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE STEREO SOUNDS GREAT AND HOW YOU CAN CHOOSE HOW U WANT IT TO SOUND LIKE .I ALSO LIKE THE INTERIOR LIGHT (ORANGE)

Suggested Improvements

I SUGGEST TO MAKE IT THE EXTERIOR MORE NICER BUT STILL THAT FUNKY LOOK

I love my lil XA
By wrightboss

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Its been great. The gas milage is what I loved honestly. But its cute, has great air conditioner, and is very stylish. Drives pretty well considering the price.

Favorite Features

Came with a six disc changer, all the cd's feed into the front, nothing hard about it. And its kinda cool looking. Like a little matrix.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that fits in my "trunk" area is my daughter's stroller. Maybe they should extend the end a few more inches.