Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Made right purchase
By Mark

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the XA for my wife since she was looking for a small reliable car with good rear visibility.We took the optional side and curtain air bags for added saftey. We are both seniors. I have a Camry but I find that I am driving this, fun to drive, car more frequently than I imagined. Immediately after purchase, I exchanged the original equipped Eagle LS tires for a set of Michelin Harmonies. This gave it a slightly softer and steady ride. A good car that I would recommend to anyone looking for low cost and what appears to be a quality built car.

Fun to drive, good visibility and reasonable power for a small engine with Auto transmission. Excellent sound system.

Larger interior compartments.

Twins
By NMACY

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I went shopping for a vehicle with my Mom--we saw the Absolutely Red Special Edition Scion aX and fell in love. I told her I would buy this little cutie. The next day she bought it! I found out then there were only so many made and decided not to wait. A month later (the dealership had to find one for me) I bought one too. I love this little car. I added keyless entry and will be adding cruise in the next couple of months.

The COLOR! The handling is great; the sound system is by Pioneer; fancy wheels and Pirelli(sp?)Tires (I was told that was very cool! I just liked the looks.) Really good gas mileage compared to my old car.

I get good gas mileage--city 25 mpg/32 highway but I would like to get more, it maybe my driving habits. And, maybe a little more driver's legroom for those of us who have to drive with their seatbacks totally upright.

Great Car
By hippiekat

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2005 Scion XA for a month now and I still really love it. Its so cute and little. I constanly forget how small it is from the inside because its so roomy. But then I park and see how little it is. I am totally satisfied with my purchase. Its a really cool car for a good price.

The pick-up is good for being so fuel effiecent. I also love the stero sound and MP3 capability. Overall its my favorite.

The add on cruise control is little sensitive. After adjusting the mile its slows by about 3 miles.

Great Performer
By Randy Wells

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion Xa is a fun car to drive. It helps me navigate the congested traffic in a major Metro area with ease and confidence. Driver visibility all around is excellent. The sound system is a pleasure to use. All in all, it is worth every penny I have invested in it.

Sound system. Adjustable Sterring wheel. Interiior comfort.

Gotta love it!
By Matt

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our scion XA for almost a year. We have totally loved it. A random stranger at a stop light rolled down her window to tell me how much she loved the car. We have driven it all over the west coast. There haven't been any problems whatsoever.

Gas mileage is steadily at 32 mpg. It's hard to beat without going to a hybrid.

We would have liked a sunroof and cruise control.