Used 2005 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

What is this...open mike?
By Angela

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car can turn on a dime! Power transmission and small wheelbase. Get the manual- it has decent pickup and reviewers say that the automatic is sluggish...I find that this manual is more powerful and responsive than the 91 Honda civic htchbck manual that I used to have... Seats are very comfortable, car sits up higher than Hondas do. A mountain bike and drumset will fit in the back with the seats down; however, 4 bags of groceries and you have to put the seats down! Speedometer is located in a bad spot (center) have to look away from the road to see it.

Seats, external appearance, textured dash, extra leather steering wheel

Move the speedometer to the driver's side.

Love my Scion!
By Julianna

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion has been fantastic! No mechanical problems at all, and it is a blast to drive. I love the way it looks, and we have plenty of interior room. My 60 yr old sister went out and bought one last month and she loves hers as well.

The small size...my anti-SUV! I like the extra headroom and upright seating, too.

Could be a little zippier...I sold my VW TDI Jetta for this, and miss the acceleration of a diesel engine! It also likes around town driving best, which is how we drive it 99% of the time.

Luv It
By MizzTee03

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my Scion xA. What more can I say. When I sat in it I knew it was the car for me!!!! I love the design and it is great on gas. I would suggest anyone looking for a new csr to get a xA.

Series 2 great car
By MayanKing

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is very spacious inside for a big guy like me 350 pounds 6'2". I am very comfortable height, width, seat and belly! Car gets good mileage, I have been getting 30 to 40 (city & highway). I went shopping and was able to fit bags in back. When shopping a lot seats do go down, a good feature.

Looks great. Love blue light on floor and cup holder. Love 6 CD MP3 player.

Just needs a subwoofer speaker.

Mixed Feeling about Special Edition #1
By DRiley

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Really cute car, great styling. Still enjoy looking at after 7K. The 17" sports wheels look fantastic but make for a rougher ride. Seat comfort ok for up to an hour. Handles road well and feels safe, sporty, and fun. Great radio/CD. Often (daily) there are multiple rattles AND a buzzing around the speedometer (when it is cold) that gets very loud (competes with radio at 40!)--makes me want to walk away from it. Dealer can't hear rattles consistently enough to fix...ahhhh! Very dissappointed in the mpg--the best I have ever gotten is once 31 on a 3-hr freeway drive. More typical 27-29 hwy. (What happened to 37 hwy?) After market sunroofs I've seen better quality mine (factory).

Sporty look (still brings a smile), sunroof, visibility around car, size (esp. for single person), hatchback, radio/CD player with nice features, and all the extras that come with xA. Tire/brakes--safety feeling when driving in rain. Zippy even with air cond. on.

Arm rest! No rattles or buzzes! Quality sunroof w/o 2" frnt gap w/ wind wooshing. Better mpg for such a little car (why do some get 40?). Better interior material: dash and door material hard to clean and keep looking good. Location/size guages could be better. More comfortable seats for long drive.