2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Generally OK, some issues need attention
By Ed man on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wiper motor burned out in less than 1 day. Seat belt clip broke day 5. Multiple LOUD rattle developed. Not good mileage. Radio exptememly difficult to figure out and to operate when you do. Radio rates a 1 out of ten. I may replace it.

Excellent car especially for the price!
By Wookie` on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a good experience with the purchase of my Scion. The dealer was easy to deal with and he did a great job in finding my bright red RS 1.0 xA. I did however have to wait 40 days to take delivery and I was originally waiting for a stock (non RS 1.0) xA with a 5 speed. The sales practice of MSRP is wonderful, no hassle and no haggle. Lots of options available, even if most are cosmetic and not really functional. The car has a very high cute factor but with large rims and low profile tires can actualy have a muscular look. For the price I don't think you can beat the xA or the xB.

perfect
By jrday2 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is great on gas mileage and has great power

It's a great bargain and great fun.
By Lindagf1212 on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Surprising comfort and flexibility. I went from a Honda Accord to the Scion xA. I drive into a crowded city everyday and it is much easier to park and maneuver. GReat milage. The only down I have found, the seat fabric stains easily.

Stylish car for great price
By xaowner on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

For those of you out there who want something more interesting than a Toyota or Honda, more reliable than a Mini or Volkswagon and less expensive than a Mazda3 - consider this little hatchback. In northern CA it was tough to locate b/c they're in such high demand. Word of advice - if your local dealer doesn't have one, call other dealers in the area (we called a total of 5) since the salesmen aren't keen on giving up inventory availability. In summary: gas/brake pedals are very responsive, quick accelleration, fits into smallest parking spaces, no fuss buying experience, great gas mileage, great way to zip around

Best car I ever bought
By PghScion on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Former owner of a V8 Durango gas- guzzler. The Scion xA is a sacrifice in power, but the excellent fit and finish of the interior, ease of handling, and superior gas mileage make this car a best-buy in my book. The style is eye-catching. Expect to answer questions at the gas pump (which is once every 3 weeks for this city driver). Regardless of the small 4cyl engine, there is still remarkable pick- up and sturdy poise in accelleration in highway driving, even through hilly terrain. The car maintains 80mph on the highway without a shake. Seats are firm and supportive. xA has a fantastic view of the road with a nice, high stance.

old guys like neat cars
By olbull on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Couldnt believe what 13k bought me.My son is jealous my grandsons thinks grnadpa is cool.

Scion Xa
By Wmindel on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A fun to drive car. Keep in mind, rear seat is quite small - probably couldn't comfortably seat adults. Also trunk is very small. Otherwise, great car, great mileage (34 mpg) and (hopefully) Toyota reliability.

Love It!
By Rachel m. on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car! This was my first new car purchase, and I am so happy! The car is small on the outside, but roomy enough on the inside. I love the hatchback and fold down rear seats! I love the options. This car is perfect at base price, but it is fun to add extras. I love that it looks more expensive than it is.

Excellent car but need improvements
By erniekim on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's my first time buying a small gas- efficient car and for the price I paid, this car is definitely worth it. Unique and fun to drive but more improvement is needed such as arm- rest, small head-space because of elevated seating and tiny trunk. Overall, I am more than satisfied.