Used 2005 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Series 2 great car
By MayanKing

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is very spacious inside for a big guy like me 350 pounds 6'2". I am very comfortable height, width, seat and belly! Car gets good mileage, I have been getting 30 to 40 (city & highway). I went shopping and was able to fit bags in back. When shopping a lot seats do go down, a good feature.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Love blue light on floor and cup holder. Love 6 CD MP3 player.

Suggested Improvements

Just needs a subwoofer speaker.

Mixed Feeling about Special Edition #1
By DRiley

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Really cute car, great styling. Still enjoy looking at after 7K. The 17" sports wheels look fantastic but make for a rougher ride. Seat comfort ok for up to an hour. Handles road well and feels safe, sporty, and fun. Great radio/CD. Often (daily) there are multiple rattles AND a buzzing around the speedometer (when it is cold) that gets very loud (competes with radio at 40!)--makes me want to walk away from it. Dealer can't hear rattles consistently enough to fix...ahhhh! Very dissappointed in the mpg--the best I have ever gotten is once 31 on a 3-hr freeway drive. More typical 27-29 hwy. (What happened to 37 hwy?) After market sunroofs I've seen better quality mine (factory).

Favorite Features

Sporty look (still brings a smile), sunroof, visibility around car, size (esp. for single person), hatchback, radio/CD player with nice features, and all the extras that come with xA. Tire/brakes--safety feeling when driving in rain. Zippy even with air cond. on.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest! No rattles or buzzes! Quality sunroof w/o 2" frnt gap w/ wind wooshing. Better mpg for such a little car (why do some get 40?). Better interior material: dash and door material hard to clean and keep looking good. Location/size guages could be better. More comfortable seats for long drive.

I love this Car!
By sasan

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has the highest value per $ in my perpective. Standard options include 4-wheel ABS, Dual Front airbags, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, I get at least 30-35 mpg in highway! check out scion.com

Favorite Features

you're high as a SUV or cross-over with out spending that much gas! I love the fact that I could park in the spots normal sedans can not park. Grade Logic (computer assisted gear shifting) is pretty cool too

Suggested Improvements

i needed a center arm rest. only couple of months after purchasing it, scion added this accessory for $99! so I'm super happy!

My Scion Rules
By LoneGun

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I research this purchase for over three months and found that if you compare the Toyota Matrix and the Scion Xa you will come up with a pretty close tie. The bigiest diffence other than price is that the Scion comes with anti-lock brakes and the Matrix does not, go figure. As far as room the matrix is 4 inches longer but the 4 inches is not worth the extra $5K in price. This ride is solid I also have the limited edition XA that came with a electric Sun roof.

Favorite Features

The Sun Roof, and red color

Suggested Improvements

More horse power

Not what we expected
By REW

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We were in the market for a very fuel effecient vehicle. This is not the one! Expecting around 40mpg on the road, as promised by the delearship. Actual is about 25-8 mpg. This car was purchased to save fuel and we felt the "down sizing" of comfort would be worth the savings. For a sixty mile per day trip we now drive our 01 Nisson that still gets over 33mpg. Toyota and the dealership have said this is a "break in period", however, I've never had a car that just didn't reach close to the mpg. The sacrafice in size isn't worth the car not performing. We bought 5speed in order to pull behind an RV. That's when we get our best milage. When the car is being towed. I am NOT a Scion fan!

Favorite Features

I really don't have any. It's diffucult to enjoy something that cost thousands and does not perform even close to expectations. The dealership just shakes it's head and says every body else loves theirs. No solution offered.

Suggested Improvements

Put the real facts in front of the customer. We need to look deeper into the testing for MPG. 55 miles on flat surface is not how we drive in this country