2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Getting It Right!
By Sr. Scion on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third new car and my favorite by far! I was on the hunt for a commuter car with good fuel economy. I got that and more! The list of standard features is excellent. Power everything! Building one's own Scion is a great merketing strategy. Add the accessories you want without having packages of unwanted features shoved down your throat. The interior styling is clean, functional and attractive. Very comfortable for such a small car. The exterior is sleek with a smart attitude - a true head turner. I had people get up off the bus bench and rush to see the nameplate and call out, "Nice car!!"

Scion XA
By mct690 on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is by far the best vehicle on the market for the money! The build quality of Toyota, and all the "options" that come standard in this car set it apart from autos costing $10,000. more

Great Car for Newbies!!
By MarcusH1 on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about 2 weeks, and I'm in love with it! It's my first car, and it's just what the doctor ordered. I waited to make the purchase, but I was lucky enough to get the RS 1.0 after dealing with 2 dealerships. The standard features are excellent, and the stereo is better than I could have ever imagined. The rides a little rough in spots, but it's not a Camry, right? And how can such a small car have so much room for me, passengers, and other stuff? Overall, this car is the best balance of features and price I have found.

Scion xA
By LindseyNichole on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a 19 year old female who bought this car new. It's not expensive and it gets great gas mileage. I love it. I added a lot of options to mine so it ended up being around $21,000 but they start at around $13,000. It just really depends what you want.

Scion xA- A great value
By elysian69 on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe you can buy such a high quality vehicle for such a low cost. I've been most impressed so far by all the features that are included with it. The stereo system is great, and it performs and handles very well. The fit and finish are stellar as with any other Toyota product. The visibility and handling are great. I love this car.

Never Again
By Don't Buy One on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the biggest mistake I have ever made. I have had to take this car back to the dealership (Folsom, California) several times. The electrical system is sub-par. The dealership has been a joke.

I Love My Scion
By PrettyEyes on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is my first car, it was bought as a gift and I absolutely love it. Prospective buyers can go online and build the car exactly how you want it from the ground up. It's really fun to drive, has a nice sound system and it's fuel efficient(for the folks looking for their kids). An added bonus is that you don't see many of them out there, so you're almost like one of a kind. I got mine in the black cherry pearl and it's real tough. So if you're thinking about getting one you should. I did and I love mine.

If I couldn't have a MINI.
By Poulsen on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Was pleasantly surprised with all the standard features for such a low price plus the excellent gas mileage. CD, power windows, power mirror, interior lights that shut-off after closing the door, etc. Advertised at 32/37 mpg and actually getting combined of 36.5 mpg. Enjoy the somewhat unique exterior styling, similar to a Matrix. Who wants a Honda or VW they all have the same bland styling. Again, for 13K can't beat it.

I love my Xa!
By DragonMama on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Xa for three months now and I love it. I bought it as a commuter car and am very happy with its overall performance. I have the 5 speed, which I've found to have adequate acceleration to merge with traffic (which was a concern of mine before buying). It is high enough off of the ground that I don't feel overpowered by other vehicles, and when the back seats are folded down it has a remarkable amount of space for such a small car. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun, inexpensive, economical car.

40 miles to the gallon!
By Laura on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is not a hybrid, but does get a wopping 40 miles to the gallon! It's design is a cross between a Mini Cooper & a Toyota Matrix. The torque is weak for the first few hundred miles and then it seems to warm up to your style of driving, i.e. mine picks up and gets going a lot faster now than it did in it's first 500 miles. Standard auto windows and cd player are great! Back seat folds down and makes for lots of room to transport larger items. I am very happy with my purchase.