Used 2005 Scion xA Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Fantastic Car
By lvenee

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought 2005 Scion brand new when gas prices started going up. We wanted a disposable car if you will, something cheap, good on gas. What we got is a fantastic car, we have 115 thousand miles on it and have done nothing to the car but replace tires. It's fun to drive, zips in and out of traffic, can park anywhere even if there's not much room. My husband and I are both tall people and it has a lot more space inside than what you might think. I've driven this car a lot on small road trips (under 1000 miles) and just love it. I believe we will get over 200,000 on this vehicle and considering we paid a total of $14,000 including tax, title, license, I think we got a great deal.

Roomy inside, good power, good gas mileage (depending on how you drive it), I like the hand controls at the wheel for the stereo.

I can't think of anything other than they should have kept making the XA.

Toyota/ Scion xA- Engine Problems
By Brandon

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 Scion XA in April 2010 with 118k miles. Based on my research & previous experience with Toyota; I thought I was getting a reliable and fuel economic commuter car. Unfortunately within 5 months and 7k miles later my check engine light came on. My mechanic told me heard a knock in the engine. 2 weeks later the car started to shake and the got very loud. I will never buy a scion again & lost faith in toyota's reliability.

Build a car that lasts.

Fantastic Car!
By bruzoo

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Scion over 5 years ago. It has been VERY dependable and a lot of fun to drive! Visibility (I'm short) is very good!! My husband has taken it over...:)

Looks, pick-up, stereo system

Cruise control, moon roof as options

never have I loved like this
By olygrrl

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car! stylish, fun to drive, great fuel numbers and frankly the best car that I have ever owned. I drove many small and mid sized cars in my 2 year search and fell in love just sitting in this car. Then I drove it and was hooked. Looked for almost a year for right car at right price and am so happy that I finally found her. I will never drive another. This is it for me. WOW!

great sound system, tight turns and easy to park. Interior space and set up is perfect. moves through gears smoothly and the pick up is amazing.

sun roof

LOVE
By Ebony's Owner

2005 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 04 VW beetle for this car because I needed a small 4 door car. I've owned Ebony for almost a year now and I love her! So far I've needed 1 new tire, battery and ABS assembly in addition to the regular maintenance. The fuel economy is AMAZING! I love the way she handles, her roomy back door, how easy it is to park and so much more! I only have three complaints 1.No armrest 2.No cruise control 3. She has a weak A/C (in comparison to my beetle), which is hard with the FL summer heat.

Hatchback=Huge Trunk Space (we fit a dryer in the back), Fuel economy, that it's a reliable Toyota, Good handling, Easy to park and Interior Layout

armrest, cruise control, stronger A/C,and more than one cigarette outlet. Thanks to Zeta products I'll be fixing #1 for $95 and there's nothing that can be done for #2 and #3, excepting using a sun-shield.