Used 2005 Scion xA Base Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

2005 Scion xA

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Financial Life Saver
By CrazyDogLadySTL

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine brand new with fewer than 5 miles on it. It was so cheap, I was able to pay it off on 2 years so I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years. Purchased in Oct 2004, it's 11.5 years old, and today was the first major repair I've ever needed. The cam shaft timing whatever thingy (I don't know much about cars) needs to be replaced. That's over $1000. They service department said that they are confident that after this repair I can get another 100,000 miles out of it before any additional major repairs are needed. It currently has about 120,000 miles on it. This has been a real life saver financially as I am single, own a home, and don't make a huge salary. I love this car and will drive it for as long as possible.

Takes a liking and keeps on ticking
By Sharon Cash

Excellent car!

Fantastic Car
By lvenee

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought 2005 Scion brand new when gas prices started going up. We wanted a disposable car if you will, something cheap, good on gas. What we got is a fantastic car, we have 115 thousand miles on it and have done nothing to the car but replace tires. It's fun to drive, zips in and out of traffic, can park anywhere even if there's not much room. My husband and I are both tall people and it has a lot more space inside than what you might think. I've driven this car a lot on small road trips (under 1000 miles) and just love it. I believe we will get over 200,000 on this vehicle and considering we paid a total of $14,000 including tax, title, license, I think we got a great deal.

Roomy inside, good power, good gas mileage (depending on how you drive it), I like the hand controls at the wheel for the stereo.

I can't think of anything other than they should have kept making the XA.

Toyota/ Scion xA- Engine Problems
By Brandon

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 Scion XA in April 2010 with 118k miles. Based on my research & previous experience with Toyota; I thought I was getting a reliable and fuel economic commuter car. Unfortunately within 5 months and 7k miles later my check engine light came on. My mechanic told me heard a knock in the engine. 2 weeks later the car started to shake and the got very loud. I will never buy a scion again & lost faith in toyota's reliability.

Build a car that lasts.

Fantastic Car!
By bruzoo

2005 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Scion over 5 years ago. It has been VERY dependable and a lot of fun to drive! Visibility (I'm short) is very good!! My husband has taken it over...:)

Looks, pick-up, stereo system

Cruise control, moon roof as options