2004 Scion xA 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - You ALMOST got it this

2004 Scion xA - Consumer Review

You ALMOST got it this time Toyota.
By driverofscion on

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was passing by the local Toyota dealer by my house and to my surprise I saw a Scion in front. This is a surprise because I live in Illinois and Scions are not being sold here yet. I test drove it and it is very unique (now at least); I was being stared at by the drivers of the tuned Hondas. This car definitely has style. I like the center-mounted speedometer; it has plenty of space in the back for three of my friends (no tall people welcome). I think this would be great as a first car for someone who wants style but is willing to sacrifice speed.

Favorite Features

Center-mounted speedometer, six disc in-dash cd player. Definitely draws attention. I have to say that the interior is pretty stylish while still being functional; definitely not economy car-looking.

Suggested Improvements

When idling, car "jumps." Severe lack of power Don't expect to go fast. I hate the volume control-use the round knob. Car dealers (at least the one I went to in IL) stop overpricing used Scions. $3000 above new MSRP is not acceptable.