Scion xA Release Series 1.0 Rocks
By Jamison on
2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
We've only had this car for a few weeks, but have totally enjoyed it. Even though the sticker (and the dealer) said we'd only get 31-36mpg we've found that using 89 octane instead of 87, and driving sensibly have gotten us an average of 38-43 mpg. The car is fun! It is packed with lots of nice standard features and the RS 1.0 version adds a nice "moon roof", cool wheels, and much more agile handling than the standar Scion xA. I with that it came with cruise control though. We've added the cold air induction system and gotten a lot better acceleraton with no apparent negative effect on gas mileage. There aren't many Scions around here so no one seems to know what it is. It's easy to find in a parking lot full of look alikes.
Favorite Features
It looks cool and is very fun to drive. On the RS 1.0 package, I like the wheels, interior, stability package. I love the fact that there are many options and accessories I can add myself when it fits the budget. It has a very roomy interior for a very small car.
Suggested Improvements
1. It needs Cruise Control 2. A little more power might be nice, but not if it gulps gas.