Love the car, here's why...
By Steven on
2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've read many reviews, about six months worth, on this car, and I finally got one, so I want to make this review worth your read: Gas Mileage: just clocked it out - miles driven (298.8) divided by gas put in at fill-up (10.1) equals a solid 29.8 miles per gallon (I would say this is in mixed driving, but with a dominate city). Interior Room: Not a problem. I'm 6'4", my brothers are 6'6" and 6'8", and a lady friend at 5'7" could all fit in the car with enough comfort for a 25 mile drive, but not enough for a 400 mile drive. Performance: Get the manual transmission. The car handles very well and hugs the road nicely, but, I can really feel all the freeway bumps, but not a big deal. I love it.
Favorite Features
The model I bought had a lot of aftermarket features, but for the standard xa, I would say I love that ABS is standard along with the power package. The small exterior to fit into parking spaces but large interior to enjoy some company. Love the manual. I love the unique look and how the car handles
Suggested Improvements
This is simply about pro's and con's. Bigger engine = better performance but lower gas mileage (I would take the better gas mileage and sacrifice performance). Bigger exterior=it would loose it's uniqueness, but it would allow for more interior room (which is enough, but people sit close together)