2004 Scion xA 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love the car, here's why...

2004 Scion xA - Consumer Review

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car, here's why...
By Steven on

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've read many reviews, about six months worth, on this car, and I finally got one, so I want to make this review worth your read: Gas Mileage: just clocked it out - miles driven (298.8) divided by gas put in at fill-up (10.1) equals a solid 29.8 miles per gallon (I would say this is in mixed driving, but with a dominate city). Interior Room: Not a problem. I'm 6'4", my brothers are 6'6" and 6'8", and a lady friend at 5'7" could all fit in the car with enough comfort for a 25 mile drive, but not enough for a 400 mile drive. Performance: Get the manual transmission. The car handles very well and hugs the road nicely, but, I can really feel all the freeway bumps, but not a big deal. I love it.

Favorite Features

The model I bought had a lot of aftermarket features, but for the standard xa, I would say I love that ABS is standard along with the power package. The small exterior to fit into parking spaces but large interior to enjoy some company. Love the manual. I love the unique look and how the car handles

Suggested Improvements

This is simply about pro's and con's. Bigger engine = better performance but lower gas mileage (I would take the better gas mileage and sacrifice performance). Bigger exterior=it would loose it's uniqueness, but it would allow for more interior room (which is enough, but people sit close together)