2004 Scion xA Consumer Review: I'm Sold

2004 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Review

I'm Sold
By REID on

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a commuter car and was considering a Civic or Corrola and then I spotted an Xa. This interesting little car grabbed my attention immediately with its "love it" or "hate it" styling and I love it. Who would of thought you could build a reliable car with a certain cool factor for under $13,000. Well, I drove all 3 which had comparable drives but there was something that I admired about the Scion. Maybe it was how it stood out in a crowd of bland economy cars. Or perhaps, it was the build quality of a Toyota coupled with the 5 year 60k powertrain warranty (which will probably never be used)for the price of a Kia. I'm sold.

Styling, build quality, fuel mileage, toyota reliability.

Cruise control and an available sunroof would be nice options. A center console would be appreciated and it would be helpful if the sunvisors were longer so they would block the sun above the rear view mirror. Also, isn't it about time floor mats came as standard equipment.