2004 Scion xA Consumer Review: I'm Glad I chose this car, BUT

2004 Scion xA - Consumer Review

I'm Glad I chose this car, BUT..........
By jdtjunior on

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved the no haggle pricing. And, because it's a Toyota, it's gonna last. It is also stylish, and looks like more expensive than it actually is. The car is fun to drive in the city, and is fine on the freeway. Yes, it's a bit noisy at 75 mph, and passing takes a little extra time with the auto, but remember, it's a sub-compact, under 14k. I bought this car because, I am single, live in the city, and have a short commute. It seats 4 people fine, but usually, I keep the rear seats down to add to the total cargo capacity. Great gas mileage of course. Everyone other person has a Corolla, and I chose a Scion XA instead.

I like extra height of the seats, the standard options, (ABS, power everthing, air bags, kick ass stereo, with MP3 capability. The seats are stiff but comfy. People come up to me constantly asking me what kind of car it is. And my AEM cold air intake/TRD exhaust for a little more HP.

A center arm rest would have been nice. The back cargo cover rattles. The controls of the excellent sounding stereo are tiny little buttons. But, these are minor really, considering the larger more important standard feature that came with the car for the low price I paid.