2004 Scion xA 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Entry-Level Car!!!

2004 Scion xA - Consumer Review

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Entry-Level Car!!!
By pbxgodwin@netscape.n on

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car truly stands out in a boring sea of lackluster subcompacts, most with average quality, below average fit and finish, abysmal resale and few, if any, aftermarket peformance offerings. In 5 speed form, this car truly is fun to drive, offers a 9-second 0-60 time, great build quality and Toyota value. Funky to look at, you either love it or hate it, which is just fine with me. Car is very stable, firm handling, doesn't feel like a small car, even cruising at 85. But keep in mind, while fun a spunky in a 5 speed, this car dogs with the automatic.

Favorite Features

AC, CD, anti-lock brakes and power windows/locks/mirrors standard! Great handling, MPG and available aftermaket toys (turbo, intake, etc) should keep me busy for awhile!

Suggested Improvements

I know the center-mounted gauges are cost-efficient for marketing right and left-drive cars, but they are hard to see and aren't even angled to the driver. Cruise control is not even an option! I don't care for the "one- price" buying, I can do my own bargaining.