2004 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Scion xA
By KillerBunny84 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought one after our Neon was totalled. Despite being smaller on the outside (and cheaper), it has more features (MP3 capability), is fun to drive, is quiet, is RELIABLE (the Neon is NOT), and can still hold 5 people without too much complaint. I think that it is the best buy in the small car market. And 38 mpg on the freeway (with the 5-speed) isn't bad either.

the best for the buck!!!!!!
By tom win on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

this is a fantastic car. smart and reliable. this is a great buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Sold
By REID on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was shopping for a commuter car and was considering a Civic or Corrola and then I spotted an Xa. This interesting little car grabbed my attention immediately with its "love it" or "hate it" styling and I love it. Who would of thought you could build a reliable car with a certain cool factor for under $13,000. Well, I drove all 3 which had comparable drives but there was something that I admired about the Scion. Maybe it was how it stood out in a crowd of bland economy cars. Or perhaps, it was the build quality of a Toyota coupled with the 5 year 60k powertrain warranty (which will probably never be used)for the price of a Kia. I'm sold.

Getting another one !
By No2gates on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a xA 2 weeks ago, was a little concered about others saying it was lacking power. I think the power is fine, no compaints here. The ride is a little stiff when travelling on a rough road, but other than that, it's a great car. I'm planning on purchasing another for my wife within a week.

fun, stylish, functional
By VIOLET on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR !!!!! COULD HAVE BOUGHT A MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE CAR BUT THIS WAS MY CHOICE AND GLAD I DID !! I ALSO BOUGHT 2 MORE FOR MY KIDS!!!!

I'm Glad I chose this car, BUT..........
By jdtjunior on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved the no haggle pricing. And, because it's a Toyota, it's gonna last. It is also stylish, and looks like more expensive than it actually is. The car is fun to drive in the city, and is fine on the freeway. Yes, it's a bit noisy at 75 mph, and passing takes a little extra time with the auto, but remember, it's a sub-compact, under 14k. I bought this car because, I am single, live in the city, and have a short commute. It seats 4 people fine, but usually, I keep the rear seats down to add to the total cargo capacity. Great gas mileage of course. Everyone other person has a Corolla, and I chose a Scion XA instead.

Not Bad, but also Not Good Enough
By calimania on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

First thing I should say is... I like this car. It's well-built, all-around- not-bad features.. I'm satisfied with this car. However, the most factor that affected me to buy it is definitely the PRICE!

XA= great value
By Marvin Veneman on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Scion is commited to customer satisfaction. I`ve owned this car for over 6 months and have no complaints at all.

Scion xa
By tif on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car because my 99 Civic LX was totaled in an accident. In the mean time I had to drive various other rental cars, including the Mazda Protege and Toyota Prius. However, I found that when I was behind the wheel of the xa, it was the most comfort driving I felt after my accident. The car has equivalent amount of power as the Civic and the interior seating is comfortable. There's not much acceleration speed but that's not my primary consideration for the quality of a vehicle anyway. It is better deal than a Civic LX because it is cheaper and comes with ABS brakes. I can also definitely say that it feels way nicer than a Protege.

awesome car!
By matt arcuri on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome and fun car to drive. Lokk of it is weird at first, but then it grows on you and you really start to like it. Always get looks from other drivers. car handles beautifuly, with a good amount of power for a 4-cyl. Great gas milage too! Awesome car all-around!