Used 2004 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Good economy car
By peter

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

HAD this car for 2 months. ride is a little to firm but I knew this when I boughtit. Long term I expext it will be very reliable. I changed the bridgestone Potenza tires and put Michelin Harmony. Harmony tire has much better grip on slippery surface but did not improve ride.

Favorite Features

Love the interior. Good handling for an economy car.

Suggested Improvements

Put better tires on car.

Fantastic Car, Great Value
By Kirk

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After driving the same car for 14 years, we needed something new. The sporty xA (as opposed to the hideous, boxy xB) was just what we were looking for. Power steering, brakes, windows, and door locks, anti-lock brakes, driver and passenger airbags, awesome fuel economy (we average about 30mpg), CD player/six-speaker stereo system and comfortably seats five - all standard! These features alone blew us away. Our son is 6'4" and sits comfortably in the back seat. We've comfortably fit 5 adults at once. The only upgrades we purchased were fog lights and the six-disc CD changer, and it still cost us under $14,000. The Toyota engineering was also a major selling point. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

The clean, uncluttered dash is great. The fuel efficiency is fantastic. But the tiny size is probably the best feature - we can park the xA anywhere, and it zips in and out of traffic with the greatest of ease.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control would have been nice, and an auto-up feature on the driver's window (to compliment the auto-down) would have been nice, but this vehicle, for its class, is truly hard to improve upon.

Scion xA Release Series 1.0 Rocks
By Jamison

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We've only had this car for a few weeks, but have totally enjoyed it. Even though the sticker (and the dealer) said we'd only get 31-36mpg we've found that using 89 octane instead of 87, and driving sensibly have gotten us an average of 38-43 mpg. The car is fun! It is packed with lots of nice standard features and the RS 1.0 version adds a nice "moon roof", cool wheels, and much more agile handling than the standar Scion xA. I with that it came with cruise control though. We've added the cold air induction system and gotten a lot better acceleraton with no apparent negative effect on gas mileage. There aren't many Scions around here so no one seems to know what it is. It's easy to find in a parking lot full of look alikes.

Favorite Features

It looks cool and is very fun to drive. On the RS 1.0 package, I like the wheels, interior, stability package. I love the fact that there are many options and accessories I can add myself when it fits the budget. It has a very roomy interior for a very small car.

Suggested Improvements

1. It needs Cruise Control 2. A little more power might be nice, but not if it gulps gas.

Limited Scion
By Geolex

Great CAr great looks (red limited scion Xa) #15, I love this car

Favorite Features

RED, Red, Red, Traction control

Suggested Improvements

more horse power

scion xa 2005
By Jpb

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

excellent car, very fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Larger cup holders