Used 2004 Scion xA Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

2004 Scion xA Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Great Little Car
By Alex

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my xA, its got a lot of room for the size and it gets 35 mpg. You cant beat that! I love my color, indigo ink pearl, awesome car, awesome buying experience.

Favorite Features

Color,Std. MP3 and power features, Big space in a little car. Engine,

Suggested Improvements

Needs std cruise, needs an optional sunroof without having to get the RS01 edition

scion xa
By amanda

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

As far as reactions from people, I get about 50/50 - Half of the people saying "aww, how cute" and the other half think the xA is ugly. But I'm proud of my little xA, I think it's cute, fits into parking places easily, good on gas, and has nice features (the interior lighting, etc) I have fun driving it knowing that their aren't many on the road yet, and when I do see fellow scion owners, they usually wave at me =) It's a great car so far, and I've had no problems with it yet. Suprisingly, Having the speedometer and everything all in the middle is convenient. I love mine, and after having it 4 months, I can't imagine driving anything else :)

Favorite Features

Under-dash interior lighting, mp3 player

Suggested Improvements

Maybe the head rests in the back could be lower, because it's hard for a short person to see out the back window, but other than that I can't think of anything else. :)

Spunky Jellybean
By Amy K.

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for a little over a week (500 miles) and really like it. It has more get up and go on the freeway than I had expected (though one can only expect so much out of a 1.5L engine) and freeway driving hasn't been a problem, even with 2 passengers in the car. I've taken out the rear headrests because they block some of the view, plan to replace them with 2 more center headrests (only an inch or so tall when lowered). Parallel parking has been a breeze, though I'm still getting used to how CLOSE the back end of the car is - my last car wasn't this small! The brakes do seem to squeak a little, I'm not sure if that's the cold this week, or if it will be an ongoing issue.

Favorite Features

Grocery bag hooks, fuel economy, ABS, air conditioning, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest, cruise control, shorter rear headrests, higher cup holders (I'm short and really have to reach), pockets behind the driver and passenger seats for things like umbrellas.

SWEET!
By Renee

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for just over a month. Was my birthday prize from my husband. My 18 year old son loves it, although he can not drive it as it is MINE! It is a great get around the city and to work car. I have back problems and the seating is great for me to get in and out of.

Favorite Features

The height of the seating, the position of the dash instruments

Suggested Improvements

just a bit more length in body for a bit more truck space.

Scions conquer America
By jerryfan

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

As a long-time Toyota owner, I jumped at the Scion, an off-shoot of Toyota. I first had seen the Scion's xB back in 2003, a bit boxy, but cool. Great price and fuel efficiency. When it came time to buy, I opted for the aX, the bX seemed a bit pimped-out for a 47-year-old. The cX was a bit pricey for my wallet. I'm happy with the xA. Put 3000 miles on it in the first 21 days...The only luxury I demanded with it was dealer addition of cruise control. Five-speed is sweet. A great little car for the 21st century. The price tag was good, just over $14,000 with the cruise, the ride's good, it turns heads and is great so far in my book.

Favorite Features

The whole car, it's designed sensibly, efficiently and has a smart look. A car, after all, should reflect on it's owner.

Suggested Improvements

None