2004 Scion xA - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
A Must Drive for Cost Concious
By AET on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We reasearched this car and decided to take a gamble based on it's Toyota "heritage". This is a great fun little car. Over sticker price options with other cars are "Standard features" in the XA. It was cheaper to insure than some of it's competitors as well. Money was a big factor in decision making. I wish I had the money to buy another XA for my wife's running around town errands. The back seat has the added security of the hooks for the "latch systems" on todays child car seats. It's fun to drive. I love it, and my kids love it. It feels like having the best new toy on the block, without breaking the piggy bank.

A nice little car
By Lovethebluescion on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Chose the Scion for the value. Love all the standard features, good gas mileage for the low price. Scion has plenty of power for a commuter car, find myself zipping at 75 mph without realizing it. Only negatives are the high back seats block the rear view and the speedometer could be a little larger.

Great car
By Blue pacific17 on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car fun to drive great on gas quality feel

Scion AKA My little Lexus
By J P Lewis on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best bang for your buck. If the standard stereo isn't good enough for you your crazy. More than ample front seat room with the rear great for small children. No haggling here MSRP is the best they can do and it is obvious why.

The Best By Far.......
By cybergypsy on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best in its class...by far... This is a amazing car have had 35 cars in the the last 3 years..for the money this car is great...much better the the C class Benz 230..

My first new car
By Suzykuntz on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 55 year old widow. This Scion was sitting in the window and it was love at first sight. When the pleasent young man described all the features to me it was like they made it for me! I drove away with it 3HOURS later and I love it! People have actually stopped me at red lights to ask me what kind of car it was and to tell me how much they like it. Even my 3 grown children were pleased at my choice for my very first brand new car. It is so comfortable and so much fun to drive. I would reccomend the Scion to any one who wants a good looking,fun car with praticality.

The bomb
By markd on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

All i can say it is the best car I have ever owned

Feels like a bigger car
By jotape on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving the xA for two weeks now. It's a small car that feels like bigger car. The room inside, plus the height of the seats makes you feel like you're driving something bigger than most other cars on the road. Yet, you can squeeze into those small spots and save tons of money on gas. The performance has been good and consistent. The controls are good except for those of the stereo (which sounds great). I've driven it both in the city and on the highway and the performance is very good. It responds very well. I got used to the speedometer location very quickly and honestly prefer it over it being behind the steering wheel.

Best of the Best
By SilverRarity on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After doing on-line reviews of small cars with standard features I kept finding that the Scion xA was the best car overall. I ordered the car, without test driving it, and when it came in and drove it I found it was more than I ever expected. I have a 1999 5 speed Corvette (summer car) and wanted a reliable, fun to drive winter car and man I've found it! Its practical, great to drive, great to look at and have already have recommended it to two friends who are definately going to purchase it. The fit and finish of the car is top notch and I was shocked at the power this small 4 cylinder has. For the price and standard features it can't be beaten.

i like this car.
By hnefrdo on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

in total, there is not a better car on the market that gives more bang for the buck.