2004 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Wonderful Little Car!
By moonbeam on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for little over 2 months and I love it. It's my first car and I've been learning how to drive with it so I can commute to work (90 miles daily). So far the only problems I've had are the brakes squeaking occasionally and the light/flying feeling I get when I'm on the highway (going 65mph)! It definately needs more power because it's hard to go uphill-but other than that it's a great first car, easy to park, and fun to drive. I get quite a few people looking at it and asking me what it is! I had to take the backseat headrests out because it was blocking my view-but since I don't ever sit in the back, it's fine with me!

I love this little car.
By Patella on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the xA for about a week now, and I am so impressed. Though the ride can be a tad bumpy, the car absolutly zips on the highway. The interior is comfortable and intuitive, and though never one for flash, I have to say the sound system is so much fun. Its amazing how small the car is from the outside, yet how tall and roomy it feels inside. I keep getting out and expecting to be standing next to a much larger car. Though not for everyone, I love the unusual dash layout, although I still am not quite used to looking center for my speed. In short, I love this little car!

Amazing
By n2k2928 on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great! It is the best car in the world

Best Deal for the Money
By modernoca on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all the other cars in this class, and even a few more expensive, and frankly, you'd be hard pressed to find ANY other vehicle with as many standard features for a price this low. Everyone who has taken a ride in this car is stunned when I tell them the price.

W-O-W spells wow
By Greg78945602 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Reallly Great is the words i would use to describe it. I travel alot in it

Scion, yes please
By scionowner on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The scion xa is a great car, made for the younger generation. the look of the car isn't like anything else out there. It looks small from the outside, but really it is a very roomy car. I have had no problems with the xa at all! the best thing about the car is the pricing. this is my first car purchase on my own. the pricing is reasonable and the payments are low even without having any credit history!

awesomness
By Vudoo on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

the car is just sooo fun! my parents bought for me as a graduation gift and im glad they did. they opted to buy me a solara but somehow the fun and funkyness of the scion XA caught their eye. the car is great and gets good mileage! my parents put in a lot of extra features which might be a lil pricey but it looks great. it makes every car unique and all.

Jon's Review
By SC Jon on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my Scion xA. I have only experienced very minor problems (driver door adjustment). My only complaint is the air conditioner seems a little weak and is slow to cool down.

Cute Lil Thang
By Layla on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It runs great except when it's trying to climb a hill or going 70 mph, you have to really step on the gas hard. doesn't tell you when your car is REACHING the over heating point, so i can prevent it,just has the dummy light car IS over heated.door panel, plastic. when you are opening your door,your hand will brush against and there will be "dry skin" marks. When your headlight is left on,it will have a beeping noise.speaker-Everyone thought I had a sound system.The door handles are like the volkwagon.standard power locks and windows.looks like it's sister,toyota matrix.gave me more than I would have ever expected from a car under 15000

Good Fuel Economy
By dasheffield on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage 32-36. this is very important to me because I am a courier and I use my car alot. It takes me less than $20.00 to fill up. If you are a big person this car will be a little tight for you. This is easy to get in and out of, you don't have to bend down to get into the car. This car comes with AC and a radio with a cd player. You get this for less than $14,000. Good Deal