2004 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
Great for the Money
By Pheon on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well I bought an Xa today and its seems to be a tight little package. Try comparing it to Kia Sephia. lol. A great value. Whole car seems well rounded and hella space with the seats down. My only complaint, if I had one, is 108hp, but I'm behond 0-60 at this point and this makes it there fast enough. :)For $12995 you cant beat the stuff this little car has on it. My favorite thing about this car is the fit and finish. Seems like a much more expensive car. And to top it off its a Toyata. I'll be lookin for a new car in 2015. :)

Great Entry-Level Car!!!
By pbxgodwin@netscape.n on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car truly stands out in a boring sea of lackluster subcompacts, most with average quality, below average fit and finish, abysmal resale and few, if any, aftermarket peformance offerings. In 5 speed form, this car truly is fun to drive, offers a 9-second 0-60 time, great build quality and Toyota value. Funky to look at, you either love it or hate it, which is just fine with me. Car is very stable, firm handling, doesn't feel like a small car, even cruising at 85. But keep in mind, while fun a spunky in a 5 speed, this car dogs with the automatic.

Best hatchback
By chrislee on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since we have a small family we were determined to get a hatchback, and the Scion is great. We are moving to Boston next month so this is going to be a great vehicle for us. Very usable and seems reliable.

fun, but small
By Nihao on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Drive it yourself and you will know what I mean. Good for young couples, but no family. It is designed for narrow roads with lower speed limit in Japan, so do NOT drive it too fast in the US. Always stays at the slow lane for your own safety. The car itself is ok. It is just not powerful and strong enough for the traffic condition here in the States.