2004 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
A New Driver Must Have!~^_^~!
By Honey B on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car looks super cute and the size is easy for new driver to handle. I am a new driver. It saves gas, it saves u money and it looks great. The car gives u more flexibility since the seats at the back can be pulled down easily so u can buy as much groceries as u wanna to. Little effort is needed if u want to accelerate your car. U'll love this car if u live in San Francisco since the parking space is so scared in the city -_-; I love this car and all of my friends love my car too....What are u waiting for??? If u need more room in the car...check out XB! I feel great when i test drive that car since the interior is brighter than XA and it is more roomy.

neatpackage
By j. tarantino on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

peppy at start but slow passing pickup on freeways.. neat little package and fun to drive. cool hi tech interior . car is a little on the light side. great toyota quality carried to the scion badge. good work.....

fun to drive in city
By syedwh on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It is realy fun to drive in the city. You feel comfort in it. First time I took my X-A from Orange County to Ventura county ( Simi Valley ) about 70 Miles one way I found ride on freeways it is not as comfotable as in city you feel even small bumps or uneven roads on the freeways. Also suddenly brake at the speed of abve 60 mph can shfit the car left or right hand. Must be carefull. Have fun and ejoy it.

I'll drive!
By greglowe on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I find myself coming up with excuses to drive now or always offering to drive when a group goes out. I went from a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 to this amazing Scion because I am starting graduate school. I still feel like I pulled off a "fast one" getting all of the standard features (power locks & windows, AC, killer stereo, ABS, etc) for under $13,000 while getting close to $17,000 for my truck. Less monthly payments, less insurance, less gas expences. Pinch me.

Gen Y
By catier on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

What a car! You sure get loads of options for your money. Originally designed for the Gen Y crowd...Gen G (for geezers like me) will love it, too.

good buy
By casino on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

its a good buy and turns heads as well

Non subjective view
By andreika73 on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great sense of maneuver. Perfect acceleration and aero dynamics. The car is very slayable on the road.

Great first car - good long commuter
By shipwright on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car not for its looks (which are decent), its cargo capacity (which is small but again decent - took 15 medium sized parcels and a dolly with the rear seats down), or its numerous standard features (great CD sound system, AC, power everything), but for its great mileage! I commute 50 miles to and from work each day, and I gotta have a gas sipper! My last Toyota, a 4Runner, lasted 14 years and 300000 miles for losing the head gasket, but the mileage was half what I'm getting with the SCIONl. I think I'll like this little chihuahua!

Wonderful Little Commuter Car
By a330300 on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My second day of driving the car, and I can conclude that (+) 1) It's amazingly quiet 2) Has a great audio system 3) Has comfortable, distinctive seating 4) Great white- faced display with amber lighting on the other components. 5) Unique design (-) 1)Horsepower - 108 is fine, but more is always better and appreciated. 2)Space - I'm 5'9 and have the seat pretty far back, I would only put a child behind me for long distances, an adult could fit ok but only for a while.. Trunk space is small, but has some space under for small items. There are no pockets behind the front seats, and map pockets are small. 3) Cruise control!

Awsome
By Rabidsushi on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car! Great fuel efficiency, big inside, great features. Definate car of the future!