Used 2004 Scion xA Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion Xa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!!!
By CHER

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I WENT TO TOYOTA TO LOOK AT THE SOLARA'S AND LEFT WITH AN XA. I LOVE THIS CAR. STYLE MEETS ECONOMY AND FUNCTION. IT'S GREAT

Favorite Features

LOVE THE EXTERIOR DESIGN

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER WOULD BE NICE

Complete Review
By esavov

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great compact car. There are many features that I really Like: 1. Interior looks nice, not cheap and squeaky. 2. I've noticed that my eyes don't get "bothered" while driving at night for a long distance. 3. The only thing I paid extra for was nice rims, power steering, and side/curtain airbags. Total of 15,400. 4. Vehicle comes with an excellent CD player (plays MP3 as well), power doors and windows, AC, etc. 5. Cargo area is actually great. When the seats are up the smaller area is still perfect for grocery shopping. 6. This car has plenty of power. I constantly find myself speeding without even trying.

Favorite Features

It has no problem zipping around other vehicles. Admittedly it doesn't like long sloping hills. It stays in lower gear the whole time but still passes other cars on the hill. 7. The outside is sporty and stylish. Quite a few people ask me about the car or tell me it's a cute car.

Suggested Improvements

1. Armrest - I purchased one at JCWhitney. It's working out well. 2. Just a suggestion - Buyers, tint the windows. Makes a world of difference. 3. More selection on intermittent wipers.

one down, another on the way
By court

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

just totalled mine on hwy 5. driving the speed limit, averted another driver's sudden brake slam, lost control and eventually flipped. pulled myself and my 90 lb dog through the passenger window. he's fine. i walked away with only a bruise on my knee. airbags didn't deploy but the car crushed around us like a cocoon, upside down. not even considering another car. soon as i can, it's right back to the scion dealer. though i really do wish the car had u.s crash ratings/tests available...

Favorite Features

simple. streamlined. utilitarian. "mini- cooper on steroids..." it makes me laugh and it's fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

sunroof. middle console. CRUISE CONTROL.

my Scion
By The Van

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love it. It drives like a rally car.Easy to park.looks like a mini suv.Terrific sound system.

Favorite Features

Sound system.Easy controls.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a place for a tissue box.

Scion XA
By kheinly

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Car is fun to drive, great gas mileage and fun to drive. Price is excellent for a Toyota Sister Co. Car looks small but the inside actually has good space. Trunk is small. I usually leave the back seats down for the extra room. Seats in the back limit visiablity out the rear. Overall a very good car.

Favorite Features

Power everything, great gas mileage. Surprising power for 100 hp. Looks great. Good Pricing with no haggle.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Cruise control, center arm rest, front cup holder needs to be closer too far away.