2004 Scion xA Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:
The right choice
By SFScion on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just love it since moment I drove off the dealership. Opted for the electric locking system which is a must, also the six-CD player. Hated to pay for the extra floor mats, come on... Otherwise, love my blue rocketship...

Scion xA
By sactoreg on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion xA is Great! It came with all toeh features of more expensive cars, and size wise it's easy to find parking in San Francsico. It's a little jitteryg when hitting potholes or rough roads, but otherwise rides well. I've had a reocurring problem with the passenger side rear speaker, and the dealership seems either unwilling or unable to correct the problem. Also, I have developed a rattle in the rear cargo cover that will not go away. Otherwise, a well put together car with many options that I'll be adding over the next few months.

My car
By Dimitri Amor on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy the car very much, the interior is more spacious than it looks, and people who have never heard of the car think that it is an expensive car when it really isn't. The only downside is the performance aspect of it, face it, you won't be speeding down the highway with one of these bad boys unless you tie a jet engine to the roof. But overall, for someone who wants a car that looks nice and is inexpensive, the scion is the way to go.

mini suv modified
By agapekid on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

i was looking for a crv or a rav4. but after taking a look at the scion i realized that it was close enuff to both except for the fact that it was higher. mileage beats any of the mini suvs out there. space-wise its close enuff. the trunk space could be a bit bigger, but the 60/40 split for the back seats help a lot. its roomier than it looks. 108 hp engine with 105 torque, so i wouldnt try to lug anything around. but i dont recommend you do that with a rav4 or a crv anyway. handles good. suspension is decent for a japanese car. dont expect it to be a dodge. overall, i think its a great purchase. itll keep me goin for a LONG while.

SCION xA 2004
By GWMERKLE. on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I LIKE SMALL CARS AND THIS IS THE BEST SMALL CAR THAT I HAVE OWNED. IT HAS EVERYTHING ON IT AND I DIDN'T THINK THAT I WOULD LIKE THIS, BUT I DO. IT IS A REMARKABLE CAR.

You ALMOST got it this time Toyota.
By driverofscion on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was passing by the local Toyota dealer by my house and to my surprise I saw a Scion in front. This is a surprise because I live in Illinois and Scions are not being sold here yet. I test drove it and it is very unique (now at least); I was being stared at by the drivers of the tuned Hondas. This car definitely has style. I like the center-mounted speedometer; it has plenty of space in the back for three of my friends (no tall people welcome). I think this would be great as a first car for someone who wants style but is willing to sacrifice speed.

Love This Car
By jenamo1 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best buy you can ask for. Looked for a car for over two years and discovered Scion while looking at a Toyota. The "as is" pricing policy was such a pleasant experience compared to most dealers I visited. The car drives very smoothly, comes with great options, looks amazing, and gets unbelievable gas milage and insurance rates. Be prepared to receive glances and questions everywhere you go.

Incredible value
By MRM on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was initially attracted to this car because of the fantastic interior quality. The more I shopped around and researched the xA, I realized that it's quality and value were impossible to beat. The engine, despite being 1.5l, is a nice surprise. It isn't a V8, but for the fuel economy, it picks up nicely and is a joy to drive.

Great Car
By dave806 on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went to the dealer looking for an ECHO and came away with a SCION. The SCION is based on the ECHO (which I hear is being discontinued), but is so much better looking. Add to this all the standard options you get that you would have to pay for with the ECHO and the SCION is by far the better deal.

Wow
By jarvek7 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Scion xA Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car and fun to drive. Fell in love with the model the "Yaris" in europe in 2000. great mileage and a fun fun ride. still getting looks when I drive by.