Still going strong
By doug142 on
2014 Scion tC Scion 10 Series 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This is an update to my original review. I now have over 11,000 miles, and not a problem. I had the oil changed at 5,000 miles, I did not want to wait till 10,000 miles with there free service. It was $43.00 total, worth the money. I had purchased the 3M chip protector for the car when new also. The car is spotless, I usually have tons of chips by now, because I travel through the mountains in the winter. I have never bought this product before, I would purchase it again, but price shop it. This was the first Toyota/Lexus product to pass the IIHS small overlap test. They have since resubmitted some models that did not pass and retrofitted to pass. I still get compliments on this car daily.
Favorite Features
I still love the way this drives. The handling is fantastic. It is a very sporty feel. After the break-in the acceleration became brisk. I also like the exhaust note. I like how the Toyo tires have a lip that sticks out a good distance to protect the alloy wheels, what a good feature ! The gas mileage still impresses me. I also like that you can drive the car to enjoy it, or you can be frugal and get good gas mileage. I still love the stereo especially on the feel setting. I feel very safe in this car. I really enjoy the color of the 10 series. I also like the looks of the rocker panels on the 10 series, the way they stick out.
Suggested Improvements
On northern state cars they should put heated mirrors. On the rocker panels of the 10 Series ,I love how they look and stick out, but I would put some sound deadening in them. In the rain when you hit puddles and the tires splash up it makes some noise, other than that I LOVE IT !