My first new car
By jhurley2k6 on
2014 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This is my first new car and I love it so far. I was overpaying for a 2003 Toyota Celica which I did like but it was old and had a lot of miles, plus I still owed 9k for the car to JDB. I recently traded in the car and got 3k for it then they added the remaining 6k onto the sticker price. I couldn't be happier, I'm not really paying more per month and I have a new car with a warranty! It's basically a Toyota so the thing should run forever and it looks awesome. I've already turned some heads driving it around with the shiny blue paint job.
Favorite Features
I have a blue one, the dealer had red and black but the blue stuck out! This is also the first car thats automatic that I like. It actually shifts when you tell it to, when your in manual mode on the automatic trans. And you have 6 short (fun) gears to play with. It also has an ECO light (that can be disabled) it tells you when your accelerating too hard to help you save gas. I leave mine on sometimes and turn the trip recorder on the dash to est. mpg to see how fuel efficient I can be.. or not be :-) And it must be said the radio with bluetooth and touch screen is very cool, speakers are pretty decent too. All in all this thing is almost fully loaded for a very attractive price.
Suggested Improvements
Well I gave interior design a 3 and build quality a 4 because, like most cars in this price range the whole thing is made of plastic, plus the driver side and middle of the dash have rectangle air vents and there's one round vent (almost identical to the ones found in my 2003 celica) on the passenger side. Which left me wondering, why didn't they just put a rectangle one over there? Theres also a map button on the radio that says call dealer for upgrade, they wanted a grand ($1000) to install gps on the current radio! when i can use my phone and have voice commands through the speakers for free! None of these things stopped me from signing my name for a new one though ;)