Used 2014 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Perfect first car
By Tyler Brown

2014 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Some people get pretty basic first cars, and there's nothing wrong with that. I was lucky to get something a little more than that. The 2014 tC has seen a pretty drastic exterior styling change from 2013, and while some say its bland (how?), I think it's just what this car needed. The lines are sharp and aggressive, and takes several styling cues from the F-rs. While the front grille and rear diffuser are nice, it really is a bit too much plastic. The wheels are also very nice. The interior is very well laid out, and the standard touch-screen display is great, but again, a little too much plastic. The ride is pretty good for its class, the acceleration is good, and the steering is above avg.

Touch-screen pioneer display, good transmission, perfectly weighted clutch, comfortable seating position, well laid out interior, steering wheel controls, very nice standard wheels, cool headlights, Led's, awesome panoramic sunroof w/ moon roof, excellent rear seat room, decent acceleration, lots of accessories (be careful not to spend too much!)

Cut back on the plastic trim on the interior, replace the plastic grille upfront with a metal mesh grille, give the steering a little more feel, while the clutch is good for beginners it needs more "feel" to it, add some color options to the interior.

Love This Car!
By foulds10

2014 Scion tC Hatchback Monogram Series 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car new exactly one year ago, and it is fantastic. Very reliable, comfortable and looks great. I get endless comments on its looks and how roomy the back seats are. Hatchback trunk has saved me from renting trucks for moves, and the car has handled well in the State College snow. With all the added features this car is an absolute bargain, I'm so happy with it. The headlights are HIID - I feel much safer driving at night and the voice-navigation system is so handy. Only Con: while on the phone through bluetooth you are unable to see the navigation screen, the "calling ___" screen overrides the navigation. Very minor problem, I'd strongly recommend this car.

HIID lights, hatchback trunk, speak-navigation system, smooth leather, heated seats, keyless entry! The sound system and touch screen are also great. The looks of the car and the comfort (lower windows (makes good arm rest), lots of room, ability to raise seat) make the ride much much better.

While talking on the phone through bluetooth, you are unable to see your navigation screen - the "on the phone with ____" screen overrides. Also, the HD radio can be choppy at times so I just leave it off.

Best Car I've ever owned
By warrant001

2014 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Scion TC in Apr of this year. I spent more than 6 months researching this vehicle comparing it to other models. What I discovered is this is the car for me. I don't fit the demographics I'm 55. This car is an amazing vehicle I have owned it for 6 months now and driven it close to 14000 KM's. I have loved every moment of it. This car is a smooth drive on long and short trips. Its fast and agile and a real eye turner I have the metallic Blue with a few add on's I just wish it came with a turbo. I highly recommend this car lots of room for cargo and passengers. This is quality built vehicle. Its the first car that I have purchased that doesn't have a ton of little issues.

THE BLUE BULLET
By coliveri

2014 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

What a car. Sharp, head turning exterior, got it in streak blue. I catch myself from time to time gawking. Interior is well done. Unique styling. Love the sporty steering wheel and dash layout. Sound system is great! Three speakers on each door?! Heck yeah! Seats are sporty, really support you in tight turns. Plus friends have plenty of room in the back. Trunk has a lot of space with its large door and folding seats. Now for the most important part: Performance! Engine is punchy and responsive. Handling is spot on, I feel in control and confident when taking fast turns. Everything feels like it was well thought out. Not just another cookie cutter car.

The looks, the performance, interior, sound system.

Less hard plastic in interior

Still going strong
By doug142

2014 Scion tC Hatchback Scion 10 Series 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is an update to my original review. I now have over 11,000 miles, and not a problem. I had the oil changed at 5,000 miles, I did not want to wait till 10,000 miles with there free service. It was $43.00 total, worth the money. I had purchased the 3M chip protector for the car when new also. The car is spotless, I usually have tons of chips by now, because I travel through the mountains in the winter. I have never bought this product before, I would purchase it again, but price shop it. This was the first Toyota/Lexus product to pass the IIHS small overlap test. They have since resubmitted some models that did not pass and retrofitted to pass. I still get compliments on this car daily.

I still love the way this drives. The handling is fantastic. It is a very sporty feel. After the break-in the acceleration became brisk. I also like the exhaust note. I like how the Toyo tires have a lip that sticks out a good distance to protect the alloy wheels, what a good feature ! The gas mileage still impresses me. I also like that you can drive the car to enjoy it, or you can be frugal and get good gas mileage. I still love the stereo especially on the feel setting. I feel very safe in this car. I really enjoy the color of the 10 series. I also like the looks of the rocker panels on the 10 series, the way they stick out.

On northern state cars they should put heated mirrors. On the rocker panels of the 10 Series ,I love how they look and stick out, but I would put some sound deadening in them. In the rain when you hit puddles and the tires splash up it makes some noise, other than that I LOVE IT !

• SUV