Used 2013 Scion tC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

A Great Little Car- but not Cadillac
By joplinjeep

2013 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great little car. I have had it six months and have driven on 1200 mile trip, around town and 50 mile trip twice a week. The interior is about what you would expect for the money, no complaint. Plenty of power on the interstate and around town, fun to drive. Not as much fun as Mazda 3 speed but much cheaper price. Great backseat room, nice radio (little hard to learn how to use it at first.) Comfortable. I did drive it on the worst road I have driven on in 50 years and thought it would break, but it didn't. No car would have done well on that road. Well worth the money. I have never checked miles/gal but it seems to be pretty good. No complaints there, or I would have checked it.

Right size and comfortable to drive.

It could use more sound absorbance. A little better carpet. I would like a key lock on the hatchback.

Commuter Alternative
By calcarnut

2013 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I finally decided to get economical and go with a commuter. Since my wife and I ride together to work and the kids are grown, we decided on a coupe. Choices were the TC, Honda Civic and Hyundai Veloster. The Civic was comparable in gas mileage but was $3K higher. The Veloster was better in gas mileage by 5 miles/gal and was comparable in price for the base. But the TC had much more power due to its 2.5L 4-cyl. The front passenger seat has so much room it leaves ample space for a rear passenger up to 6' (my wife is 5'6"). In my opinion, it also looked better than the Civic and the Veloster. Our avg. mileage in the city and highway has been 28 mpg.

2.5L 4-cyl. engine, panoramic sunroof, front passenger legroom, bluetooth connectivity, and free oil changes at our local Toyota dealer.

Scion is the subsidiary motor division to Toyota, like Lexus. But Scion is geared towards aftermarket parts so the vehicles don't come with all the bells and whistles. My trip to the dealer found that fog lights and a cargo cover are extraordinarily expensive and takes 2 to 3 months to come. These parts should be readily available and should match the economical pricing of the vehicle. I found both parts on ebay for half the price.

Best car ever!
By mcnasty101

2013 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ok, so i've owned 4 cars in my life and probably test driven hundreds....why? because i love cars, and not just the awesome sports that "everybody" loves...but i love all cars. I recently bought a 2013 Scion tC...and let me tell ya this car is amazing to look at and to drive. I've had te 2010 Scion tC before i moved into this one....and i could'nt help but wonder that they could've made it better than what it was. It was pretty to look at and the after market parts for it were cheep and made it look and run better. But it is nothing like the 2013....the tC i have now is just so awesome, it hugs the corners, handles very well in the snow and its a game changer in the car industry.

The engine is more powerful, has a ECO mode witch comes on (only in Drive mode), traction control and stability control, wheel slip monitor system, sport shift mode, more leg and head room for people over 6 feet, bucket seats, beautiful exterior/interior modifications, effortless steering, big trunk space, comfortable ride, heats up quickly....and freaking awesome to drive.

Next year they should put a rear windshield wiper for that huge widow in the back, for snow, ran, ect...