Used 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

2012 Scion tC

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Good First Car but Wish I Had Taken a Different Route
By bigzman95

2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car since the day it hit the lot back in September of 2011. While there are a lot of things I love about my car, there are also things that I don't. Overall it's a pretty good car but I wish I had done more research before buying it. For instance, by the time I added some options onto my car, the purchase price was well into the upper $20k range. For that amount of money I honestly wish I had went with something like the Subaru WRX, which is faster, AWD and has four doors. Scion makes lots of attractive points to buyers, but honestly the cars are a bit overpriced in my opinion. If you want a car for a new driver I'd look at the Dodge Dart or Subaru Impreza.

Favorite Features

Pretty fun to drive, handles well for a front-wheel drive car, keyless entry and push button start (Release Series only), very good looking car, still gets lots of stares and looks from people and gets lots of compliments, surprisingly spacious for a two door car (can comfortably seat four adults over 6ft tall), gets around 33 MPG on the highway if you set cruise control to about 70 MPH, lots of available options that are dealer or port installed including performance parts such as sway bars, lots of leg room for taller drivers

Suggested Improvements

Seats are not the best in the world but liveable, transmission acts weird in manual / slapshift mode, poor visibility all around the car (hard to see how close you are to curbs, terrible rear blindspots), interior is a little on the cheap side and pieces have easily broken during normal use, radio headunit is disappointing and frustrating, car is overpriced when compared to performance and options of similarly classed cars such as the Subaru WRX, not many aftermarket parts if you're into car modification

Love my yellow tc!
By urbandk8

2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We love our TC! It is fun to drive, easy on the eyes, and has all the safety features that we were looking for. I love that the backseat is large and that the passenger and driver seats move all the way to the dashboard for easy entrance and to and from the back seat. My husband loves to drive this car and also loves the fact that he is 6'9 (all legs) and fits comfortably!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the large backseat and a driver and passenger seat that move all the way forward for easy entrance and exit to and from the back. This makes getting a child in a carseat/out of a carseat a piece of cake! I also love the fold down seats and the hatch! We have taken this car on vacation to the beach just because everything fits so nicely!

Suggested Improvements

The air conditioning/blower/temperature controls could use some updating.

Great for the money!
By reconmac

2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car for it's reliability and good looks, and it delivers all that I wanted and then some. Keyless entry/ignition is awesome and the shiftable 6-speed automatic livens things up. Great ipod integration and a decent sound system.

Favorite Features

Hatchback storage in combination with folding rear seats adds enormous versatility, and keyless entry/ignition is a great option. The panoramic sunroof is impressive.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they offered different engine options or more engine performance-oriented options in general.