2011 Scion tC Consumer Review: TC For Toyota Coupe.

2011 Scion tC - Consumer Review

TC For Toyota Coupe.
By mikey_day on

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Aggressively styled exterior, although not sure what to make of the dash materials them coming off as a coated plastic, nothing felt cheap nor did I feel slighted in the least. This is a fun point a to point b vehicle with some extra curricular teases. This car was too easy to fall in love with for what it was and hard to hate for not being what would cost another 4-5 thousand green backs out of pocket to get. If you’re looking for sporty DO NOT LOOK HERE. But if you’re looking for a convenient, stylish way to get around without sacrificing efficiency or your pocket book this should be in your considerations. Overall this is a Toyota and its drive, comfort and lives to that name.

What I wasn’t expecting is what I could not see. I popped in my latest physical disc purchase, an at the time popular hip-hop artist and turned the round ergonomically placed knob clockwise. I was pleasantly greeted with an ear full of dramatic sounds from all side’s bass, vocals, treble al mashed and smashed into a quite pleasing audio experience. Yes, an audio experience. 8 speakers had a small orchestra occupying my surroundings. A few more twist and turns on the dash brought me the “feel” preset. This brought the car to life. Rear passenger room rivals Lexus IS and all around comfort of the vehicle is exceptional.

I fired up my new ricer hearing a low rumble as the engine purred. Yes purred the 2.4 liters that this Thunder Cat (TC) came equipped with gave a hollow purr that can only be heard clearly with the AC off and the music low. A hum if you will. Nothing special but again stock exhaust what more could I ask for at idle? That partnered with the fact that it is an engine transplant from the established family mobile but otherwise snooze worthy Toyota Camry. Dash and detailing could have seen a little more love.