2011 Scion tC Consumer Review: Great coupe

2011 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great coupe
By Lou on

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just had it one day. It is a very roomy coupe, comfortable with supportive seats. I may look into upgrading or replacing the center armrest with a padded version. The dealer installed fog lights and it dresses it up. I also had blue tooth installed and have the Alpine head unit which is upgradeable with nav. and has a good size touch screen display. Dealer installed options seem fairly priced. The manual shifts well, the hydraulic clutch will take me a few drives for me to get used to. The uptake is numb. Steering is on center but can easily veer into oncoming traffic if you are not focused on your driving. All in all, a nice sporty coupe for a retired guy.

Favorite Features

Style, ride, handling, supportive seats, standard 18 inch cast aluminum wheels, moon roof, aux and usb, fair price.

Suggested Improvements

Padding on dash and center armrest. Standard blue tooth.
By prius_envy
on 01/05/11 10:25 AM (PST)

Great new Redesign, bigger, more powerful, more efficient. Goes with Toyota's new theme of never being the best, just always better. The new 2.5 has a sportier note, quicker take off. I prefer the 6 speed automatic, I think it show cases the sportyhandling better. The new flash card reader that plays music right off a thumb drive eliminates the need for an Ipod or CD's. Handsfree calling is super easy to set up, and works well. 18" standard wheels are a pleasant addition. Overall the only decision is whether the car is right for you, the price is worked out for you and it's a great value for the everything you get. The new aftermarket program is sweet too! Both Toyota and approved vendors right on line with the car.