Used 2011 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Excellent quality, price, & fun to drive
By thegreatga

2011 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2011 w/6 manual in magnetic gray with rear spoiler (spoiler made the purchase point for me). After looking at a 2010 & 2011, the interior blew me away for quality, and style for the new 11 vs the 10. The new engine and drive train and hands down better than the 10. Driving the 10' seemed to be like a driving a turd. And the while the 11' is most certainly full of power, it still isn't a SPORTS car. The improved width made comfort hands down top notch, and while I'm 6'1" and a huge dude, i feel comfortable in the back seat, something rare for a two door. The 6 speed manual is smooth, and the gears fall into place naturally, without fumbling.

Favorite Features

The radio is something to note, while at the dealer the radio wasn't installed, but had it been installed, i probably would have not even needed to test drive the car. Really your getting a top quality car, loaded with features for a bottom dollar price, pay extra and get a few more features.

Suggested Improvements

The biggest down fall, i feel is with modern vehicles entirely, i hate the new electric gas pedals, i really miss the cable pull type. Just feathering the gas w/manual trans causes a jerky feeling, either give it gas and accelerate, or no gas and get the opposite. Will be upgrading sway bars 2.

SCION tC x3 @ 56yrs old
By SCION tC x3

2011 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had a 2005, a 2007 and now a 2011, Magnetic Gray Metallic. The 2nd gen is RADICALLY different from the 1st! Some things std on 1st gen are gone replaced by others. The std 18" wheels are STUNNING! The new seats and fabric are AWESOME! 6 spd transmission (mine's auto) with std on/off trac control, 'conventional' dash design but TASTEFULLY done with a thicker flat bottom steering wheel. The optional rear spoiler is an awesome MUST have, it finishes the more aggressive looking car PERFECTLY! Mileage so far has been better than the ratings and I DON'T drive like your Grandma.

Favorite Features

Std 18" wheels, auto lock doors, flat- bottom 'meatier' steering wheel, black headliner, VERY fast from a dead stop, NO 'idiot lights' (RE: daytime running lights)! Parking lights, an age thing maybe.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back 'auto down/up windows' on BOTH doors. Lose the damned xtra air bags, I drive a car, NOT a balloon (I'll take my chances)!! Go back to the ORIGINAL sunroof opening, this is a SCION not a Honda AND go back to the 1st gen type cargo cover and MAKE IT STANDARD rather than a $200 option!

Great looking coupe
By Lou

2011 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Had my tC for 5 days and, after driving my 05 Mini Cooper w/ sport suspension, I'm beginning to settle in with the Scion. Handling and ride are very good, the steering, though somewhat light, tracks right on center. Corners well, brakes are superb. Haven't pushed it too hard, but the reserve power is there if I need it. The manual trans shifts smooth and gear changes are easily executed. I appreciate the new style for its looks and practicality. Perfect vehicle for my wife and I who are both retired and love to do road trips as well as ski the North East mountains. I've received compliments on the car for its attractive lines and roomy interior.

Favorite Features

Roomy hatch design, good looks, ride and handling, standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Back up warning beeps, (like Kia Forte SX) Blue tooth standard, more padding on interior surfaces, push button start.

New 2011 Scion tC
By clb

2011 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just traded our 2007 tC for the new 2011 tC and so far we are very pleased. Went with Concrete color. Happy with the performance, ride and gas mileage. Love the new interior look. Just a few things they changed that I am not happy with. The headlights do not shut-off automatically as they did before. The windows do not automatically go up and down with just a "flick" of the switch. You have to hold it the whole time you open/close it (safety issue?) Also found odd that there is only one (1) back-up light that works. This is the way it was manufactured - I am having people tell me one of my back-up lights is out now. These changes could not have been that big of "cost-savings"?

Favorite Features

sunroof, body style

Suggested Improvements

automatic headlights, 2 back-up lights

Fraley's Review
By harold fraley

2011 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took several trips in this car. I love the way it handles curves and turns on a dime. The car also has some pep that i really admire.

Favorite Features

I love the alpine audio system, the steering wheel, and moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

I would like leather seats, sport type shift knob, and sport type pedals.