2011 Scion tC - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Its a "Sport-ish" Car
By cowa11ski on 12/30/12 09:11 AM (PST)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used after a leasee returned it to the dealer. My initial impressions of the car were favorable. The seats are supportive and the 6spd is smooth. This achieves exactly what I think Toyota set out to achieve with this car being a "my first sports car" type car. After putting some long highway miles on it there are a number of things that started to creep up on me that wouldn't have been apparent to me in the test drive. The first is the quality of the interior build. The bass from the radio rattles the panels around the window control buttons. I'm not sure I'b a big fan of the vinyl sunroof cover either. The exhaust note may or may not be your thing during a long drive.

TC For Toyota Coupe.
By mikey_day on 06/24/12 14:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Aggressively styled exterior, although not sure what to make of the dash materials them coming off as a coated plastic, nothing felt cheap nor did I feel slighted in the least. This is a fun point a to point b vehicle with some extra curricular teases. This car was too easy to fall in love with for what it was and hard to hate for not being what would cost another 4-5 thousand green backs out of pocket to get. If you’re looking for sporty DO NOT LOOK HERE. But if you’re looking for a convenient, stylish way to get around without sacrificing efficiency or your pocket book this should be in your considerations. Overall this is a Toyota and its drive, comfort and lives to that name.

tC = terrible choice
By subytrojan on 12/09/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The new Scion tC seems to be the same car in a new wrapper. The 2.5L inline-4 doesn't provide enough power to make this car feel sporty. The huge C-pillars present the driver with large blind spots. The large rear quarter panels also make the car look longer and heavier than it needs to be.

Excellent quality, price, & fun to drive
By thegreatga on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this 2011 w/6 manual in magnetic gray with rear spoiler (spoiler made the purchase point for me). After looking at a 2010 & 2011, the interior blew me away for quality, and style for the new 11 vs the 10. The new engine and drive train and hands down better than the 10. Driving the 10' seemed to be like a driving a turd. And the while the 11' is most certainly full of power, it still isn't a SPORTS car. The improved width made comfort hands down top notch, and while I'm 6'1" and a huge dude, i feel comfortable in the back seat, something rare for a two door. The 6 speed manual is smooth, and the gears fall into place naturally, without fumbling.

Great looking coupe
By Lou on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Had my tC for 5 days and, after driving my 05 Mini Cooper w/ sport suspension, I'm beginning to settle in with the Scion. Handling and ride are very good, the steering, though somewhat light, tracks right on center. Corners well, brakes are superb. Haven't pushed it too hard, but the reserve power is there if I need it. The manual trans shifts smooth and gear changes are easily executed. I appreciate the new style for its looks and practicality. Perfect vehicle for my wife and I who are both retired and love to do road trips as well as ski the North East mountains. I've received compliments on the car for its attractive lines and roomy interior.

New 2011 Scion tC
By clb on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just traded our 2007 tC for the new 2011 tC and so far we are very pleased. Went with Concrete color. Happy with the performance, ride and gas mileage. Love the new interior look. Just a few things they changed that I am not happy with. The headlights do not shut-off automatically as they did before. The windows do not automatically go up and down with just a "flick" of the switch. You have to hold it the whole time you open/close it (safety issue?) Also found odd that there is only one (1) back-up light that works. This is the way it was manufactured - I am having people tell me one of my back-up lights is out now. These changes could not have been that big of "cost-savings"?

Great coupe
By Lou on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just had it one day. It is a very roomy coupe, comfortable with supportive seats. I may look into upgrading or replacing the center armrest with a padded version. The dealer installed fog lights and it dresses it up. I also had blue tooth installed and have the Alpine head unit which is upgradeable with nav. and has a good size touch screen display. Dealer installed options seem fairly priced. The manual shifts well, the hydraulic clutch will take me a few drives for me to get used to. The uptake is numb. Steering is on center but can easily veer into oncoming traffic if you are not focused on your driving. All in all, a nice sporty coupe for a retired guy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Scion tC in VA is:

$161 per month*